Kilkenny Farms 2009 Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kilkenny Farms

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

It is finally my turn to show off my beautiful babies for this year. I only have two, a red pinto colt, and a dark dun filly, but I am VERY proud of them. I just got them clipped and I want to send a big THANK YOU to the person who posted the suggestion about using an adult halter as a harness for the babies. That made clipping much easier and much safer.

My mares were bred to a young unproven stallion named Utah from WeeOkie farms. (Thanks Rita) I wanted to bred to him because he had one of the most beautiful trots I had ever seen in a miniature horse. I am very happy with the results. It looks like he has passed on that awesome movement to my babies.

RockyTrot.jpg
Shady.jpg

ShadyRockyTrot.jpg

RockyShady01.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Barbara

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. I love all my little horses fiercely, so I am afraid I can be a bit barn-blind. BUT, these two look really wonderful to me....long legs pretty heads and good movement to boot!

About the adult halter being used as a harness. On my first day after joining this group (about a month ago) someone gave us a great tip on using an adult horse halter as a harness for a baby. You put it on them kind of like a dog harness with the head through the nose area and the strap buckled around the belly. This lets you clip them without a lot of pulling on their necks and heads. I tried it and found it worked GREAT!

Barbara Kilkenny

Latest posts

Back