Keepin them Critters in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you use for fencing?

pics welcome

4ft high by 330ft long cattle fencing. $150 per roll

4ft tube gates $45 each gate

wooden corner posts, wooden gate postes and posts every 75 ft. $8 per post

t-posts to hold fencing up between wooden postes free from friend but if paid $4.79 per post

Between my 2 stallions, 22 foot space and the side facing each other, 16ft cattle panels $23 per panel

4ft high by 330ft long cattle fencing. $150 per roll

4ft tube gates $45 each gate

wooden corner posts, wooden gate postes and posts every 75 ft. $8 per post

t-posts to hold fencing up between wooden postes free from friend but if paid $4.79 per post

Between my 2 stallions, 22 foot space and the side facing each other, 16ft cattle panels $23 per panel

do you have pics? im not sure what long cattle fencing is haha

I use redbrand no climb horse fencing from TSC. The squares are aprox 2x4 inches woven. I also put one strand of white electric tape using a solar fencing to keep their butts off the fence. This has worked well for 4 years here now.

We've used all types of fencing over the years from chain link to wood but for the past 15 have gone with sucker rod and l love it never needs any up keep just posts need to be replaced if rotten or chewed. You can space them however far apart you want. They came in 25' lenghts and were only 12 bucks a rod at that time not sure what they would run now there discarded steel rods from the oil rigs. Most people l know that have it paint it and it looks good...but being on the lazy side not me l can stand to look at it in it's natural state...the less work the better.
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

aug2009.jpg

april24009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Main corral: 4 foot high Red Brand no-climb with hotwire on top and at knee height.

Then I I had to put up a second corral quickly, so I used 4 foot high welded wire with hotwire top and bottom. I'd never use welded wire alone (horses will destroy it by rubbing on it), but with the hot wire it works great, and it's much less expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the big horses, we use 5 rail fence panels.

For big horse babies and little ones, we use 6' high, stallion fencing. Lots of wild animals around this area. Here's a pic of my daughter with a new Gypsy Horse baby, but I think you can see the stallion fencing.

Lizzie

sanda7.jpg

Latest posts

Back