Just what I was waiting for

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylight_minis

Reaction score
Skylight's Lakota Love Song aka Gypsy.
default_biggrin.png

Her Dad is home bred, Skylight's Lakota Warrior. When he was born he was such a pretty little foal i thought too bad he's not a filly. He looked really girly. I took him to a show and people told me what a pretty little filly he was lol. I had him up for sale for a long time and couldnt imagine why no one wanted him. Well finally decided too bad I'm keeping him. I wanted to see how my two main bloodlines would cross. Which makes Gypsy the first foal born by one of my home bred foals.
default_aktion033.gif

I was hoping he'd stay small but really got a growth spurt when he turned 2. So i decided to breed him only to a B sized mare. Only one i had that wasnt related was Sugar. I thought Man what a cross that would be. They are both pintos. Sugar is a homoz bay pinto and Lakota is a Silver grullo pinto. I thought i'd breed them together and then wait to see if it was a girl if not I'd try again well my vet said that they were doing a discount gelding it was take it now or never complain again about the prices lol. So i took a leap of faith and gelded Lakota. Then i said its a filly. Cant be a colt. I've had the registered name picked out for about 2 years lol. Never even thought about a boy name.

Two months later here comes Gypsy.
default_biggrin.png
A Silver grullo pinto filly!!! She's a big girl which i knew that the chances of 2 B sized minis producing an A sized horse was slim. Is okay i dont mind. I love my little filly. Soorrry she's a one of a kind keeper lol. I think i'm due for one more foal this year by Lakota's mom. I think that one is going to be after summer though. Poor Gypsy doesnt have another foal to play with. I am really surprised that she's only got 2 white spots on her body along with white stockings. Both parents have stars and Lakota has a snip too. I would think two pintos make more white. I got more white when i bred Sugar to a solid. Hmmm. I was hoping for a homoz. pinto out of the cross. I'll have to have Gypsy tested cuz i know some pintos can be homoz even though they have minimal color. we'lll see....

Here's Lakota

lakotpretytrot.JPG

AND Gypsy!!!!

gypsy2.JPG

SS857577.JPG

Thanks for the grats. .. . Now the burning question. Will her mane be chocolate or flaxen? She has the dorsal will she get leg barring too??

Her dad has barring can only see it on one leg since other 3 are white, its really faint. Its easiest to see in the summer time. She's a darker color than Lakota was. He looked more like a palomino but i knew he couldnt be palomino. His sire was a grullo and dam is a silver bay pinto. Even his weanling winter he got so light looked like a white horse couldnt even see the pinto markings. His back is all white except this one inch long patch which looked like it had a chocolate dorsal i thought maybe foal shadowing? Well Come yearling spring and he started darkening right up then i found the leg bars and knew he was definatly a dun.
default_smile.png

I'm defiantly thinking about showing Gypsy. She has straight legs and a nice headset and rare coloring. Its definatly hard not clipping her.
default_smile.png
I"m sitting on my hands. lol In a few months she'll get clipped and then she'll be real fancy.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back