just thought i would say a quick HI,...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFFoxyGal

Reaction score
The girls and I are in town,...It was a month on the second,....my life is still in a mess though.
default_unsure.png
:

Foxy and Munchkin are doing great at the farm.

I have been very depressed,...My first mental health appt. is tomorrow,...

I hope she has a full day free,..LOL

I really do hope everyone on here is well,......gonna go lay down again,...I have been doing a LOT of sleeping and thinking,...but,..it is not getting me anywhere yet,.....

We have had a lot of thunderstorms,...I miss you all,..but,...just havent felt like turning on the puter,...

Still thinking of all of you guys,...take care,...

Terri

Hi!

Glad to hear from you.
default_smile.png

I know it must be so hard for you right now, but please do keep on keepin' on as there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. You will be happy and well again, and you will all be much stronger for it, no matter what comes out. I believe it even though I know things can get so hard and painful sometimes.

I guess what I mean is never give up hope, not completely, and for sure don't give up on you.

Take care and best wishes,

Liz M.

I "Ditto" all that Liz says! All so very true!
default_yes.gif
:

Lifting in prayers, there is a "peaceful knowing" for you!
default_wub.png
:

Hi Terri :saludando: You have been on my mind a lot lately for some reason. I was just thinking how brave you are to have moved to town and was hoping things were going well for you. Don't give up because giving up is giving in and you are a stronger woman than that. Please take care and I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.
default_yes.gif
:

hi terri :saludando: ive been thinking about you , please try to keep your chin up terri, youve done the right thing, stay strong and take care, we care about you, so check in more, as liz said there is a light at the end of the tunnel,
default_yes.gif
:

Lots of hugs, I to was very depressed a couple months ago.It is hard to pull out of but worth it in the end.Hang on there and think of your wonderful little horses.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Hi Terri. I too was just thinking about you today! My sister called me today, and I sure wanted to tell you that you CAN go on with your life after a bad relationship, even though it is hard to pick yourself up and go on.

Do you remember my message to you in that topic that you asked to be removed?? I posted about my sister, and all the turmoil she has endured. She was with her husband for 21 years(but was only married for about 10 I think). He was mentally abusive to her, telling her no one would want her, she could never go on without him etc. He screwed around on her several times. She finally left, only to go back for more. That was short lived, and she bit the bullet and decided to cut all ties!

He would not pay support, would not do anything to help her or the kids, except he continued to torment her. She worked as much as she could, cleaning people's houses, and went into great debt trying to keep the house, the bills paid, and the family fed. She had credit cards with high limits, and would use those to pay bills. It got so bad she would take money from one to make a payment on the other,, just so she would not lose it,. as she needed it to help keep them afloat. She finally lost it all....lost the house, and was forced into bankruptcy. Yes she still woulodn't give up, as she had kids to care for.

She went into low cost housing, went on partial assistance, and worked at various places still cleaning. It's now 4 years since she left, and he still has done nothing for them financially. He has had a warrant out for dead beat dad not paying the court issued child support, oh, and the story is too long to get onto here about him!

Anyway, Shelly went back to school, got her grade 12 education, which she never got as a youngster. (She is now 40). She applied for a job as a homecare worker. She went for her interview and they basically hired her before they were even done interviewing everyone that applied! We were so happy for her, and so proud of her for these accomplishments at that time in her life.

She has now been at that job for only 2 weeks, and was getting rave reviews from her clients. Her supervisor called her today to offer her a promotion already!!! They gave her the job of Home Care Coordinator!! She will have regular hours, 8:30-4:30 Mon-Fri. All weekends off, and a full benefits package. She is just tickled, and we are all so VERY, VERY proud of her for doing this, and accomplishing so much.
default_yes.gif
:

So what I am trying to say, is I thought of you right away, about your situation. Just a little "I know you can do it" chant!! Good Luck Terri. Hang in there! Things will get better!!

Hi Terri:

Good to hear from you --- hope to hear more from you SOON!!

Hang in there! {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}]

ps hope the session went well.

JJay

That is so weird that you posted....

I was just thinking the other day that I haven't seen your name up here in a while.

I was wondering how you were doing.
default_wub.png
:

It sounds like you're going through a lot right now. I was unaware that you had moved. You should be proud of yourself for being so brave.
default_yes.gif
:

Warm wishes being sent your way. Take care of yourself and hang in there.

If you need to talk you can PM me.
default_wink.png
:

Terri...I didnt know you had moved as I wasnt on for a while myself...I`m so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. I too know what its like to suffer from depression as my husband committed suicide 11yrs ago and had been abusive before he died, Depression is such a horrible illness as its one of those ones that no one can see, and no one can understand it unless they have had it but you have lots of friends who care about you here so get the help you need medically and let us know how you are doing. Remember your children and horses need you. :)

Thanks everyone,....your words really do mean a lot.

Anyone have any advice to give out on REBELLIOUS teenage daughters,.....My oldest Mandy is getting worse,......She never came home for supper last night,....She was at the pool and I was told that she was laying beside a boy kissing,...

SHe is ONLY 14!!!!!!!

She didnt walk through the door until 9 pm,.....and I asked her why she never came home for supper and she said she didnt feel like it,...I told her she was grounded and she told me to butt out of her life,...so,...I told her that maybe we should move back to the farm with Fred,...cause she was getting worse living here in town and she told me that If I EVER move back with Fred,..that she is leaving and hitch hiking back to Nova Scotia,.......I told her that I would call the mounties if she ran away and she told me to go ahead!!!!,...We were in a yelling match for about half an hour,.....I am sure the whole town heard us,....My mom and Fred said that I am letting a 14 year old control my life,....My other two daughters are VERY shocked that their big sister is turning out this way!!!

Mandy is always putting me down and screaming at me,.......I have been told to place her in a group home,...but,...she was my little baby girl,.......I am sooo confused on what to do!!!!!!!

Any ideas,......This is all I need on top of everything else,.......Not even sure if she went to school today????
default_sad.png

Tell me about it!! Have you tried setting a relaxed setting and just sitting down to talk to her as an adult in a calm way? I have found this gets the best results but isnt easy!!!

Hi Terri, I just wanted to drop in and tell you a quick HELLO and let you know that I am thinking about you. Things WILL get better for you and your daughter will eventually see what she is doing to you also. If you ever need to talk I am here. (((HUGGSSS))) to you. Take care, Corinne

Hey Terri!

Things are going to get better, they surely will! You are going to have a really good life ahead of you to look forward too very soon.

As for your daugher, I have no advise except to hug the daylights out of her every chance you get and tell her you love her no matter what. She loves you too, very much! It's the age.......

Hi Terri, I read your post when it first went up and have been thinking about you ever since. I hope that things are going better for you by now. It's difficult to start all over but it can be done. I have a great big closet full of t-shirts from the depression-express so I am really pulling for you. My kids and I started over from scratch nine years ago. It's been a long, long journey but we are getting there. Hang in there and remember that people care. Just take it one day at a time and keep expecting tomorrow to be better:).

JoAnn

Hey Terri, hang in there girl!!!!

Depression can be so debilitating and a really ugly place to be. Been there, done that. You said you have a mental health appt. I am a firm believer in better living through pharmacology. Have them put you on something to help you through this time. There are some good drugs out now that can help you until you are strong enough to stop them and get on with your life. Don't be afraid to try them.

As hard as it is to get out of bed and do the simple things in your life, you need to be proactive in your life. By all means rest but also make your self get back to living. You have a new life to build and it is in the worst of times that we grow into better people.

As far as that rotten kid of yours, she is also going through the changes you are and love and patience are needed even when they wear thin. This is a tall order when you don't have the energy to get out of bed. I myself would grab her, wrap my arms around her even if she fights it and tell her you love her, you are not going to let her ruin her life and will do everything in your power get her going in the right direction again. Then stick to it, counseling, tough love, whatever it takes. She is testing her boundaries and until she earns to have them relaxed, then they need to be firm.

You are in a bad situation now but you made the right decisions for the right reasons and as hard as it is for you just know things will get better. Until then you have our prayers and support. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back