Just got this email from a friend....can anyone help?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for sharing with us! It looks like he was questioning your sanity a bit during the bath part.
default_biggrin.png
I'm sure those people enjoyed his visit immensely.
default_yes.gif

I just saw this thread. What a heartwarming story! God bless you all for making this happen. :love

Had to go get the Kleenex. Great read on Christmas Day.
default_wub.png

(Edited for spelling.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful photos, wonderful of you to do what it took to make this happen!!

This kind of happening is one of the MOST gratifying things you can do with miniature horses!! I have been to a number of nursing homes-and most wonderfully, for me, was when a longtime horsewoman and acquaintance asked if I had 'someone' who could be taken into a home, to the bedside of her friend who was near death from cancer. Elsie(my longtime acquaintance)came out from the city in her fullsized van to get us, and 'Gal', a sweet small bay pinto filly, and I rode in with her to a cozy little adobe home in a quiet Albuquerque neighborhood . "Gal" was a champ, carefully negotiating the tile floors into the dear lady's bedroom,where she stood quietly and patiently the entire time of our visit. The woman died only a couple of days later; the wonderful feeling of what 'Gal' was able to do for her is with me, still, years later!

Congratulations on your caring heart!

Margo

Just saw this thread, and am very glad things were able to be worked out. I just wanted to add our experience and maybe more people all over the country will want to get their horses to the nursing homes.

We once took our minis to a nursing home where they brought out one lady in a wheel chair who was hunched up and downcast. The nurses told us not to be offended if she didn't respond, that she had alzhiemers and had not responded to anything in about a month. When I took the horse near her, she immediately lifted her head and began petting and hugging the mini. The nurses were very excited. By the way this ladies' daughter happened to be visiting that day too. Suddenly the lady got up out of the wheelchair and went into the building. We all looked at each other amazed. First because she so suddenly gave up the horse hugs, but no one was sure that she could still walk on her own. Just as suddenly she came back out with an handful of sugar packets from the cafeteria for treats for the horses. Needless to say there were few dry eyes in the place. Enough can never be said for the therapy healing power of the miniature horse.

Latest posts

Back