Just got this email from a friend....can anyone help?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulligans Run

Reaction score
I just received this email from a friend of mine....wanted to put the word out...help is needed. I am listing her contact information as well so that you can contact her directly as I'm not always on the forum...

I have a friend whose early alzheimer mother is prepping for surgery. Her prognosis is very iffy... she is in a facility in Cedar City, Utah and keeps imploring Sara to let her go for just one more ride.... take her to the barn, she cannot leave where she is, and most likely will never make it back home much less to the barn. We are talking about a matter of days, perhaps weeks left. I am looking for anyone in the area with a mini which could be brought to the facility. They are pretty good there, Sara has brought the dog and the cat in to see her mother (and in earlier times, her grandmother). Tony has had horses all her life, and is aching for one more nuzzle, one more soft nose to kiss. A whinney would do wonders. Do you know anyone around there with minis who could be brought in there for a short visit with her? I don't care if they area therapy trained, that is a non issue, just a mini to bring some sensorial memories to the surface. THis would make a GREAT Christmas present for Sara, who is understandably, miserable and desperate to do anything she can to bring a smile to her mother before she slips away forever.

Walt & Cyndy

Miller Farms Equine Transport

843-320-9917 landline

516-818-8616 cell
Feel free to contact me by email - [email protected] or contact Cyndy at [email protected]

How sad!
default_no.gif
I wish I lived closer.......I'm sure there must be someone out there to help?

I hope someone in Utah reads this and can help. Not sure how close Magic Mist Minis is to the location but she is a very nice lady....not sure of anyone else in Utah. Good Luck and sending special thoughts and prayers that she gets that last soft nuzzle she is longing for.

Is there anyone in Las Vegas? They would be close enough. I would do it if I wasn't over 700 miles away. I am praying some one comes through with a mini.

Isn't there a Mini club in UT? If so, I would get in touch with the board ASAP, or go through the AMHA and AMHR member lists and start contacting people. SOMEONE is bound to be able to help make this woman's wish come true, but there's not a moment to waste. If I were closer, I would love to help...
default_wub.png

Carrie Haber, from Cedar Point Miniatures in Cedar City has contacted both a vet and a groomer that are willing to help her get an 11 yr old mini cleaned up enough to make this visit!

This just hit so close to home for me as both my parents are in a home with Alzheimer's. Their faces just glow whenever I bring any of my pets to visit.

This just made my day!

Thank you Carrie. She does not know me from Adam, nor does she know these people and she is given very unselfishly to make an attempt at doing this.

Heather, I emailed you with her contact info.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Just when you want to give up on humankind, something like this happens.

[quote name='hhpminis'

Just when you want to give up on humankind, something like this happens.

That is a breath of fresh air for sure........

Christmas spirit and good will amongst men!

Thanks Annette for having the resources and desire to help put

this in motion so quickly....

Annette - I got your call and returned it a bit ago. I've also been in touch with Carrie....I have copied Cyndy at Miller Transport - hoping we can pull this together.

God bless you all...I will keep you posted.

I am so excited to hear how this goes and I also hope that the daughter will allow pictures so we all can share in it!

So nice that the vet and groomers are willing to help too. I know it is similare weather to ours and no way would I be able to bathe a horse right now without a heated indoor facility.

Thanks Heather for posting this.

I have a friend in New Harmony. Would that be close enough? I can get her to look in on this topic if you'd like..........

I received an email from Cyndy....she has been in touch with Carrie with Cedar Point Minis....it's moving along!!! Sounds like this lady will get her wish.

I'll keep you posted...and I'm sure Annette and Carrie will as well.
default_aktion033.gif

Glad someone is able to help. If I was closer I would bring someone out.

Please keep us posted.

Robin

God bless you Carrie and the rest of you who are making this happen. This is what the holiday season is supposed to be all about.......people helping people.
default_aktion033.gif

I'm so glad that someone was able to help! I live in the extreme northern part of Utah, and Cedar City is near the very southern end, so it's at least a six-hour drive, one-way, for me.
default_sad.png
We've got winter storm watches going on right now too so the weather isn't helping-- we're expected to get as much as a foot of snow in the next day or so.

Looking forward to hearing how the visit went, and bless all of you that went out of your way to help!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back