Just for Fun

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
For me I just hate doing laundry. I would rather do dishes or vacuum or make the bed or???? What do you just hate having to do. Of course given the choice I would much rather clean stalls or brush the horses or for that matter clean their feet.

My least favorite is washing the hardwood floors -- but luckily H does this chore
default_smile.png

The least favorite one I do is probably putting up the laundry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely HATE mopping! :arg! Only my kitchen is tile, but my entire house would be carpet if I could get away with it! I don't mind vaccuming.

My worst is cleaning up the basement. I just detest it because it's never truly clean and it's always cluttered with things we don't need or use, but I don't have "permission" to toss them away. I guess I could, but I'd feel bad about it and it would cause a lot of stress.

Still, it's terrible to clean around the things and always so grubby. So I really don't. I am trying to reclaim a corner for my bicycles, horse show totes/equipment and anything else that I might have. Going to get a handle on how much of it is really "mine" because that gets to be the rub.

The thing that are "family" in nature such as seasonal decorations will also get to be "in" my corner because their use gets handed to me most often, and I like to go through these things and get rid of them from time to time.

I don't mind most of the rest. Some of it's kinda fun once you get going!

The best, though, is satisfaction of a job well-done and living in a clean home, even if it lasts about an hour before it all starts getting dusty!

Liz

To be truthful, I hate cleaning the bathroom! I'm not too fond of vacuuming either.

Strange, but I like laundry and dishes.

DUSTING! It is never ENDING in this house! AAAAKKKK.

I can really say I dont mind dishes, vacuuming and I dont mind laundry...but I do HATE to put laundry away. It always seems to be stacked up on top of the dog crates. I also hate washing windows...we have those little tiny window panes that really are a PAIN!!

The things least appealing to me are doing the dishes, scrubbing the shower and tub, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, laundry. UGH!!! I guess you could say it's pretty much anything related to "Housework" in general, LOL.
default_laugh.png
I'll do it though, because it has to be done.
default_wink.png
I LOVE doing the yard and barn work though.
default_wub.png

I like doing my own laundry so my dad doesn't end up shrinking my favorite shirts four sizes smaller. Plus it's like an inventory check.
default_wink.png

I loath doing the dishes. Ick. I'd rather clean the bathroom.

A close second would be cleaning my room. Every time I get down to do it, something always stops me in my tracks.
default_wacko.png
Vacuuming is some where up there too.

I have found out recently that my favorite chore on earth is mowing the lawn!!!!! And we have plenty of it, so I'm out there all day avoiding the kitchen. LOL.
default_smile.png

I don't mind DOING the laundry, but I absolutely despise FOLDING it! And putting it away, so even if I manage to fold it, we live out of laundry baskets most the time and eventually after all the digging, it ends up UNFOLDED again!

OK......I have posted on the vacuuming thread how my DYSON has made vacuuming fun.

Now another secret! My Hoover Floormate (15 inch) for hard floors make floor washing fun. It's so easy and boy does it scrub those floors without leaving behind that nasty mop water. You can use it on any type of hard floors and it sucks the water almost completely off. My ceramic tile and grout is spotless.....and does a fabulous job on hardwoods too.

But I think what I hate the most is folding laundry. But I am a certifiable CLEAN FREAK so I am completely POSSESSED with clean.
default_wacko.png

I aggree with Nova chick! I hate putting all the laundry away. My husband has about 100 t shirts as he goes through them like crazy with his work, and then I have a 2 and 3 year old who have all sorts of little tiny stuff. I have NO room to put it all away.

I think though the worst is my 10 year old. I will fold and hang her stuff, then she tries on, whatever and ends up having dirty mixed with clean mixed with trash! I am going nuts from it!

But the chore I hate the most and avoid doing at all costs is cleaning the toilet. It is beyond disgusting.

Mopping is also a pain because as soon as I mop a clean area, all creatures 2,3 and 4 legged feel the need to walk on the 'clean' floor. Leaving little dirty tracks.

Cleaning windows is gross too, as I really dislike the smell of the cleaner when it mixes with the smell of the dust on the window.

I guess I just hate ALL cleaning! LOL!!!

default_new_shocked.gif
We are supposed to dust?
default_new_shocked.gif
My motto, don't touch it and you can't tell how much dust there is!
default_laugh.png

Along with the dusting I guess it would have to be cleaning the bathrooms....I remodeled last year both bathrooms and had them set up for a lot less maintenance and I love them. We took out our old fiberglass units and put ceramic tile all over the floors and in the showers, no tubs. Very easy to clean and they look nice all the time. We also had the grout installed that should never mold.

Does everythinga bout housework count?
default_wink.png
Washing pots & pans and putting away laundry would be at the top of my list.

*ALL*

But I am a clean freak too so I have it down to a science.

Its AMAZING with todays time saving gadgets what you can accomplish in an hour a week.

But the chore I hate the most and avoid doing at all costs is cleaning the toilet. It is beyond disgusting.

I so agree with StellaLenoir -- I would absolutely be forever grateful if I never had to do that chore again in my life!!
default_thumbdown.gif
default_wacko.png

ALL OF IT!!! I just HATE cleaning the house. Before my divorce I could afford a housekeeper, and though I don't miss my ex, I do miss my housekeeper! What i wouldn't give to have her back!

ALL OF IT!! It wouldn't be so bad if I was just picking up after myself. It's amazing when hubby is gone how clean the house can stay. But then he returns and frankly, it's a battle I can't win. So, I just spend my days in the barn and keep the lights off at night.
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back