Just finished my latest painting...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score
pintail13.jpg

Is of a Pintailed Duck, done in Watercolor pencil used as traditional watercolor and Pen & Ink.
default_laugh.png

Are you sure that's not a photograph? Just kidding. That is an amazing painting, Shari!

Isn't that just totally amazing! Great work as always Shari!

Carol

Thank you very much for the comments everyone, means a lot to me.
default_biggrin.png

I only have online galleries....haven't even tried to see if there are walk in ones, in Portland that would think this is good enough.

Shari,,,

You are amazing. Do you ever do art shows??? I can see your stuff selling for a lot there.

Thank you!

I haven't tried for any local Art shows. Most of them have entry costs and some require you to be there 8 hours a day. Not physically ready to do that yet, sadly.

Even thought about doing the Farmers market in the more trendy areas Portland or Orenco Station but again... body is not up to it.
default_sad.png

Was a member of the Oregon Art Society but I had to let that membership drop. They are a good way to get into the more high end Art shows. Hopefully things will start looking up in a couple of months.

Wow Shari, that's truly stunning!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wub.png
I'm so glad you've returned to your art and that you share it with us.

Leia

That is awesome! Have you considered asking to put some of your art on consignment at a high end restaurant, banks, etc.? Sometimes this helps you get a start at selling. That is definately a good quality work!!

That is absolutely beautiful! It looks just like a photo I took of a drake pintail!
default_new_shocked.gif

[quote name='Shari'

....haven't even tried to see if there are walk in ones, in Portland that would think this is good enough.

Gosh, I sure wouldn't underestimate the beauty nor quality of your work. You'd do well with

a wider audience I am sure. Hope you are feeling enough better, soon, to give it a try.

Thank you Lisa, REO and Nancy for the wonderful comments!!
default_biggrin.png

Nancy.. I do know Galleries can be very, very picky, would have to find one that likes my kind of Art to even have a half a chance.
default_unsure.png

I have a neighbour who paints... She doesn't even come close to the work you do and she was invited to show in a gallery in New York..

You just need to find a way to get your paintings out in the world where they can be seen..

Shari, your paintings are just beautiful. I see your work posted on facebook. We are friends there. I'm Diana with the little colt Dude.

Thank you!I haven't tried for any local Art shows. Most of them have entry costs and some require you to be there 8 hours a day. Not physically ready to do that yet, sadly.
I know times are tough for you but if you can figure out a way to gather up a few bucks to enter in a juried show DO IT! Sometimes it's hit and miss as to what a juror is looking for, but if you get in it gets your work SEEN and the amount of work you're going to get as a result will be well worth the entry fees!

I never thought that I would have work in one of these shows, but last year both of my entries made it in to the Muskegon Regional show and this year ALL FOUR of my entries made it in to the Grand Rapids show (opening is Friday)! Not only do I have the opportunity to sell my work in these shows, but people do take note of names and I've gotten inquires for commissions as a result.

ETA: Your stuff is GREAT and I see improvement with every piece you post!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back