Just finished clipping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NVsOkapi

Reaction score
I just couldn't take it anyomre! Too much hair on my Okapi! I had to clip him!

What do you all think of him and his color? I am planning on showing him this year. This is him in pasture condition; I haven't worked him at all over the winter. Do you guys think he will have what it takes to compete in a class?? He sure has the attitude!

BEFORE:

crystalspics013-1.jpg

AFTER:

okapi004.jpg

okapi007.jpg

okapi011.jpg

okapi014.jpg

okapi016.jpg

For not working him over the winter, he's in nice shape!! I think he could hold his own with minimal work, no problem!!

Isn't it fun unwrapping the youngsters in the spring?

Oh wow! :new_shocked:

He looks 'show ready' to me! He is in great shape under all that fur.

I love his colour, very unusual.

That is a VERY nice colt! :aktion033: He definately looks like he could do well for you in the show pen. He has a nice length of leg and neck and is very balanced for a youngster..
default_yes.gif
:

If I may ask, what is the breeding on this colt? He looks a lot like the RF Bar Ranch bred horses that I used to manage and show for the ranch and I know that a lot of our horses ended up all over the country... just curious as he shows a lot of the same body and color characteristics..

Good luck with him in the future...

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

That is a VERY nice colt! :aktion033: He definately looks like he could do well for you in the show pen. He has a nice length of leg and neck and is very balanced for a youngster..
default_yes.gif
:

If I may ask, what is the breeding on this colt? He looks a lot like the RF Bar Ranch bred horses that I used to manage and show for the ranch and I know that a lot of our horses ended up all over the country... just curious as he shows a lot of the same body and color characteristics..

Good luck with him in the future...
Thanks for all the comments guys!

Okapi's bloodlines are here: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/coulee+hills+okapi ; check him out!

Also, is he bred anything that anyone recognizes? I am new to minis so I do'nt know bloodlines very well.

He looks great Bri! I love him in all his clothes. Can't wait to see you in the showring this summer!!!

I wish my guys looked like that after a long winter. I always have my work cut out for me, but he looks VERY nice!

Back