Just curious what everyone is reading right now?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
I have jumped back into reading, but only light easy reads right now. Actually I haven't picked what I'm going to read next yet. Decisions, decisions....

So what are you all reading at the moment?

I am actually reading 4 right now, don't know how that happened...I'm still reading the Walking Dead Compendium, FirstBorn by Conlan Brown, Full Dark No Stars by Stephen King and I just downloaded Plum Island by Nelson DeMille but haven't started it yet.

Illusion by Frank Peretti. Finished one by Ted Dekker, it was free on Amazon, but the rest in the series costs, so I gotta wait
default_sad.png
My favorite are well written auto biographies. The last one I read was a Stolen Life. Any suggestions for me?

Sorry Tab, no recommendations from me. I don't usually read biographies, but I know quite a few other members here do. You can always post a new thread asking for suggestions.

I am shocked to admit this, but I am currently reading two books. Lol. One at home, and one at work. I'm reading a child's book a work called 'The Dollhouse Murders', and a young adult book called 'Lovely Letters, Perfect Strangers'.

Sliding on the Snow Stone by Andy Szpuk This too was a free kindle book on Amazon. I thought my son would like it so I purchased it as a gift for his kindle (now it is only $.99).

Just finished Horns by Joe Hill and Bloody Mary by J.A. Konrath. Both were good.

I'm in the 3rd book of the "Full" / "Max Holt" series by Janet Evanovich. LOVING IT! Lots like Stephanie Plum... fun!!!!

Since reading the April selection, I read one more by him. But now I'm having a readers block. Nothing I start appeals to me. Have started books by James Rollins and a few other authors recommended on here but, I just can't get into anything. Maybe it's just because the temps are in the 60's and no rain for a few days. I have watched the entire 7 seasons of Supernatural and 2 of the 3 movies in the Fellowship of the Rings series. If I get through the 3rd one, I'll try the hobbit. I'm watching Dangerous Catch again which is a plus so maybe now would be a good time to try the Harry Potter books. By the way, what is the first one?

I know all too well what you are going through. I have hardly read at all since the middle of February, due to some stressful things happening in my life. I just couldn't seem to concentrate on the books. I'm sad to say that I also haven't been as active on this forum or Facebook as usual. BUT I'm starting to get back on track - too tired of pitying myself. So today or tomorrow I'll be putting up the thread for May's B.O.T.M.

The first Harry Potter book is The Sorceror's Stone, followed by Chamber of Secrets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a new book by James Patterson, but it is still sitting here on the table, unopened, why? I just got news that I'm going to be a Great Grand Ma, again, number 6. So as soon as I find out the sex, I'll be real busy with my crochet hook! Yeah for me!

Lois, I LOVED Horns!!! His Heart Shaped Box is good, too, but I especially loved Horns.

Sliding on the Snow Stone by Andy Szpuk This too was a free kindle book on Amazon. I thought my son would like it so I purchased it as a gift for his kindle (now it is only $.99).

Just finished Horns by Joe Hill and Bloody Mary by J.A. Konrath. Both were good.

I read Heart Shaped Box before Horns...it was good. But also really loved Horns.

Since I was a teenager (but -- wink, wink -- it's not been too long! (*over 20yrs!)), I have been a hardcore Stephen King fan. It seems no matter what the subject, his gift at weaving a tale and infusing pop culture just makes it all seem like it could be real. When I read Horns, I really thought that his son was going to be one to watch and enjoy for many years to come. I felt for all the characters, and lost myself in the story! I wasn't even (that) ticked off with the shots he took at Karl Rove LOL
default_biggrin.png
I think it could be that "Joe Hill" has some genetic talent and I look forward to more novels from him. I have a collection of short stories that he wrote, and I do plan to read (listen) to them, but I'm chomping at the bit for "Joe Hill" to release another full novel. I remember a few years ago, I honestly worried about "what will happen" when Stephen King is no more. I could eat nearly every one of his novels with a SPOON (just keep back The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and Gerald's Game! ... but with so MANY, that's all!). I just see that this "kid" could really carry a torch that may be under appreciated today. If "SK" wrote a novel a month, I wouldn't miss it for the world!!! ... I don't know that SK will ever not be my favorite but listening to what others here also enjoy has linked me in to lots of other authors, and series, that I completely enjoy... but I'm not sure there will ever be another author that I enjoy as deeply as I do Stephen King. POPULAR as he is, so truly, he's an artist. If you pick up one of his novels, you will be swept away. 100 years from now, his books SHOULD be what is required reading in high school and college. OMG, he is out of thiss world GOOD, and in Horns, so is his son (under his pen name).

Last edited by a moderator:
I had that readers block back in Dec and Jan, it didn't help I was trying to read that darn Koontz book which I hated with a passion....just recently got back into reading heavy, as soon as the weather breaks here I probably won't be reading much. I go in spurts.

I'll say one thing, I have a whole new respect for all you who read more then one book at a time. I finished one today, and the other one is stuck at work (it's the teacher's book). It is killing me that I have to wait to read what happens next! I couldn't imagine having both of them here but alternating between which one I want to read at the time.

Whoa Nelly, back up! Are you guys saying that Steven King has a son and he is also writing? This book, Horns is just as great as a book by SK? OH help me, got to get out my nook and download this one.

Yes! SK has a son, and he writes under the name of "Joe Hill". Horns was awesome, and I also loved Heart Shaped Box. I think those are his only novels to date, but they are both good, especially Horns. He has a collection of short stories but I haven't dived into those yet (I really prefer novels).

PS... I think the real name of his son is Owen, but writes as Joe Hill
default_yes.gif

Thanks sara, but with the joy also comes sadness. I'm sorry to report that my oldest duaghter the mother of my grandaughter that is pregnant with my new great gran child has, well I do I say this? Two years ago she fought a battle with breast cancer, and after a year of chemo had it beat. Well now the drugs she has been on has caused another problem and she now needs a hysterectomy. We are now all on pins and needles waiting to find out if the cancer has returned. AIt wouldn't be so bad but she lives in Fla., and we are here in Md. So in limbo we wait.

Latest posts

Back