Jumping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pineyoaks miniatures

Reaction score
I have an 11yr old stallion that has been used for jumping for the past 7 yrs now. He is very healthy, no arthritis and loves the sport. In fact if we don't get him out when its time for show season to start he seems to go into a depression state.

My question is how old is to old to keep jumping without causing joint problems?

He is 29" and has jumped 34" easily and would jump higher if ask, but I don't want to see him hurt. Our problem is the higher he jumps the more excited he gets to jump even higher, it's like a game with him and you can see it in his eyes that he just loves it and when he does get beat, which isn't often, he seems to pout. Does that make sense?

You can jump him for as long as he is physically and mentally capable of jumping!!! I have known many 20 year old or better full size horses that were still jumping!!! Keep him on a good joint supplement from now on and help prevent damage to his joints to prolong his jumping life.

28 year old Midnight (avatar) can still jump 35' easy & always places 1st in jumping!
default_yes.gif
: so age is no question, heart is
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back