Jon and Kate Premier

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
default_1857272.gif

It was so sad I could hardly keep from crying. To think that this beautiful family is in such trouble and may divorce is so sad I can't stand it.

I feel Kate is a super controlling person and I never could understand how any man could subject himself to be treated like such a fool; always being corrected and instructed by her in every way; his speech, his clothing, everything he does is wrong all the time and never up to her standards. All she had to do is BE NICE and loving to him and respect him. It is obvious that Kate loves the limelight and wants to continue with the show no matter what happens.

default_10_2_12.gif

Granted, Kate gave Jon plenty of cause to jump ship, but he did not have to find comfort in some young lady's bedroom. Running around and doing the big nasty with someone else never solved anything. It would have been better if he just had shoved a sock in Kate's mouth and then maybe she would have gotten the clue.

default_gaah.gif

I hope they can get the help they need to keep this family together.
default_pray.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1hoPYveflc...feature=channel

I watched it and love how she defends every thing she has done and really it is all about his poor choices.

First off only he knows if he truly cheated on her and only she knows if she cheated on him (well ok besides the people they would have slept with)

She is mean, demanding, rightous, controlling, demeaning and selfish.

Love how she says well yes he is here with the kids all the time while I am traveling but he has help ...
default_wacko.png

Obviously she loves the attention and media and he does not seem to be in that same place anymore. What started out as one thing took on a life of something else and unless both are in agreement it is easy to see how they can end up on seperate paths

Of course very easy to judge someone elses relationship from a TV show and a hour a week lol I think no matter what happens both love and care about the kids

I too watched, It was sad. I don't see why she kicked him out though. I especially thought it was sad when the little girl Alexis said to Jon I don't want you to leave anymore, won't you come home. It must be hard for children of that age to understand the things that are going on.

Yes it is SAD for the CHILDREN. Those two need to grow up! She is just a complete "B" and I don't know how he lasted as long as he did.

When she said last night that there was a time when she didn't like the fans and thought they should "find another family to follow" I was like "WHAT"? You are the one who has exploited your family for money and the fans are who made you rich. UGH. She sickens me I don't think I can watch the show anymore. I feel really bad for their children...............
default_sad.png

Although it's easy to blame Kate for it all, Jon did marry her and has stood by her for years now so I'm sure it's not just her attitude that has gotten them where they are. Not to mention, I'm sure TLC loves highlighting all of her "bad moments". I'm still not sure if I think that Jon had an actually affair, as no one but the other woman's brother has said it's true. He has however, admitted that while Kate is away he often leaves the kids with babysitters and goes out with friends or invites them all to the house so he may have been making some bad choices. I think Kate is correct in saying that he has help when she goes away (not to say that she doesn't have help when he is away though). I think that like Kate said, being the parents of multiples is just tough and that the divorce rates of parents with large multiples is very high. It's so sad that they are falling apart like this, especially on TV. Although I love the show and would be very sad to see it end, I think that is probably the best choice right now; for the kids, for their marriage, for their family as a whole.

He has however, admitted that while Kate is away he often leaves the kids with babysitters and goes out with friends or invites them all to the house so he may have been making some bad choices. I think Kate is correct in saying that he has help when she goes away (
I think that is not only totally normal but totally ok every parent needs some adult time with friends and Kate gets that as she leaves often and has her breaks the change in her over the years is drastic where as he has at least on tv stayed about the same but it is very sad for those kids that this whole thing will play out the way it will and that she has no intention of giving up the fame which will just ensure it continues to play out in the media
default_wacko.png

It is really sad but over the years you could see it coming. My problem is she keeps saying she does it for the kids. Those kids have enough now (people mag said they got paid 75,000.00 per episode x 40 episodes plus the book etc) I think its going to become one of those things where its never enough. If you watched the final episode for season 4 where Jon says over and over he doesnt want to do a season 5 and she insists they are doing season 5, now that is sad. How could you put a reality show before your marriage? I know in her people magazine article she really puts Jon down and states over and over how much she loves being in studios and being on camera.

I said in a post awhile back the problem with these shows (jon & kate, little people big world etc) is that the show starts out being about regular people getting through each day then becomes almost a lifestyles of the rich and famous. They start taking trips, building and buying huge houses etc. I dont begrudge anyone money but money changes everything

I know she said the divorce rate is higher for parents of multiples but I wish someone could tell her the divorce rate for reality show couples is even higher! Think Hulk Hogan, Jessica Simpson, Housewives of Orange County etc

I never could understand how he could put up with the way she treated him. I think I say something about that everytime I have see the show. They have definately gone in different directions, he doesn't like the limelight and she does. I agree with Lisa, he needs time with adults, I read she has been away 21 days out of the last months leaving him to take care of 8 children. Yes, he has help, so does she.

Did anybody pick up on it when he said, "the kids would be able to watch the show and they will know."?

Its sad for the children.
default_no.gif

Robin

Maybe they need to go spend time with the Duggars getting counseled on marriage.
default_wink.png

Their marriage is a prime example of what happens when a woman emasculates her husband. A man is only going to take that type of treatment for so long. The show is now a train wreck waiting to happen and it's very sad.
default_no.gif

I 'was' a faithful viewer, but am not at ALL sure I'll ever watch again...the joy was in seeing those darling kids(even the 'bratty' one of the twins)...I wouldn't watch Kate(alone) do ANYTHING, as I agree about how rigid and controlling she has been and is! (It has been reported that she wants her own talk show...
default_no.gif
default_smile.png

I agree with kaykay; the money changes everything, and it does become much more of a 'liftstyles of the rich and famous'--which largely erases the 'connection' many of us feel with them, IMO. The Gosselins now have an 'estate', for instance...and how many of you can take ONE of your kids clear across the country to a ski resort? I know, TLC paid for all that, but still....

I hope the parents have invested(read: SAVED!), much of what they've made, so that the kids CAN go to college, etc., but I actually think they need to STOP the show NOW, try to let those kids have a normal life...I fear life in the media spotlight could well be the ruination of the kids..it's just NOT a healthy environment. I don't doubt that they love the children, but wonder about the judgement to continue to expose them to the 'circus' of public scrutiny, ESPECIALLY now that they are getting old enough to be more 'aware'....

I also think it's very 'telling' that Kate has long been estranged from most of her family...and now, apparently, from her brother and sister-in-law, who had been VERY helpful, and I haven't seen her very-pleasant-seeming friend, Beth, lately either...NOTHING replaces good friends and family relationships, not even all that 'stuff'!! The whole thing is turning out to be a sad commentary on modern attitudes, IMO....I do believe that it would ultimately be best if the show dies, soon.

Margo

He has however, admitted that while Kate is away he often leaves the kids with babysitters and goes out with friends or invites them all to the house so he may have been making some bad choices. I think Kate is correct in saying that he has help when she goes away (
I think that is not only totally normal but totally ok every parent needs some adult time with friends and Kate gets that as she leaves often and has her breaks the change in her over the years is drastic where as he has at least on tv stayed about the same but it is very sad for those kids that this whole thing will play out the way it will and that she has no intention of giving up the fame which will just ensure it continues to play out in the media
default_wacko.png
Sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound as though I think that it was wrong of him to have help, I meant that during that time he could have been with another women, etc.

Kate's a shrew and always has been a shrew. I stopped watching the show in the first season because I couldn't stand her. Shrew, shrew, shrew.

Don't think Jon is henpecked, because he's not. It's easy to say he's overshadowed by his domineering wife, but he's in it for himself too. He's just the worst kind of passive aggressive male.

A lot of articles have gotten lost in the shuffle, but apparently Jon and Kate had plans to "pimp" their kids before the babies were even born. There was a history in the past of multiple birth kids being actual tourist attractions (the Canadian quints who had an entire THEME PARK built around them?!) I don't doubt these two parents (who strike me as VERY cunning) didn't plan to manipulate this situation for their own selfish, self-serving gain.

Here's one of the articles that stuck out most:

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/jon_and_kate_gosselin/

I think the way they're raising these kids in the public eye is humilating, degrading, self-serving, greedy and just plain awful. They should be ashamed. If they can't meet ends meet without doing it, maybe they should have thought of that before going forward with 6 fetuses. These two people are as bad as OctoMom with their selfishness and stupidity.

I really feel for the kids.

The interview that Aunt Jodi and Kevin gave, (in person) wether any of it was true or not about Jon and Kates situation, didn't help at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back