Joint Supplement

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twilightranch

Reaction score
Im looking for a joint supplement with at least 5000 glucosamine and 3000 msm it can have other things as well but it must have both of these. Thanks
default_smile.png

[SIZE=10pt]Grand Meadows has quite a few great products, and lots of helpful information on their site (including an article titled THE TRUTH ABOUT JOINT SUPPLEMENTS)[/SIZE]

Check out their website www.grandmeadows.com - Mega Grand Flex may be a product worth looking into.

If you go to SmartPak Equine ( www.smartpakequine.com ) you can compare joint supplements and they show the amounts of each main ingredient in a chart.

I use smartflex senior from smartpak for my older gelding. It was the best for the price when I was looking a few months ago. It has really seemed to help him. I also used the smartflex maintance on my younger gelding who has a mysterious lameness, but it did not seem to help him (I did not think it would, I was just hoping). They have a few different mixtures of their smartflex, so they should have just what you are looking for and they are very affordable. L

Hi,

I used the smart pak joint supplements (senior and maintenance) on my 5 year old mini mare, and they seemed to help her a little. She defiantly moved better with the senior (thanks to the little bit of HA in it). I have switched to a gel joint supplement (can't remember the name - Hyalron or something like that ) and have noticed a huge difference, This supplement has a lot of HA in it with the Glucosamine and MSM in it. It costs me $15 a month (I am sharing with a barn friend who has big horses, and I know to buy a bottle of it is expensive), and it is the best decision I have made with supplements.

thanks!

Amanda

I have no idea on the levels that my joint supplement has (its a blizzard out and I don't want to go to the tack room). I tried several different ones over the years. But after doing some research with a friend, we found ActiFlex4000. Sneider's tack carries it (not many companies do). But the bottle costs around $25. Very inexpensive to keep a mini on it (1 mini per bottle lasted me about 6 months). I had a mini with stifle issues. After the surgery, I wanted something to keep arthritis at bay for as long as possible. He still walked stiffly. But I put him on this joint stuff and within 3 days, I saw results of him moving easier and more fluidly. Some of the best stuff I've ever used and very cost effective. But that's my experience with joint supplements. Each horse is different. So you may have to try a few to get the right result. Good luck!
default_saludando.gif

CETYL-M is the best stuff for all types of joint and bone problems, my vet now swears by it for "curing" my boy's ringbone by stopping the progression and he is limp free! An $80 tub will last me three months for one mini.

Latest posts

Back