Is this the V everyone talks about?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrselady

Reaction score
As you know we are down to any day now... Today her belly is more V'd to me.. she does have a bag (I, personally would like to see it bigger). As far as we know she is a maiden (she's 4). She was pasture bred the month prior to us buying her (March 12 till sometime when we got her on April 14th). Her vulva will be LONG and LOOSE then go back in an hour and its tight and small (SHES DRIVING ME CRAZY).

Pics from Feb 5 (she bagan bagging up Jan 22)

S7300100.jpg

S7300127-1.jpg

S7300193-1.jpg

then here on Feb 14

S7300211.jpg

then yesterday

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

What do you think? Weeks? Days? I'm really sorry some of the pics are so big.. photobucket is messin with my head.. lol (or lack of sleep one)

Thanks,

Mendy

She sure looks dropped, but kind of hard to see from the angle.. As far as her udder goes, since she's a maiden it may not be reliable, and it can change/fill fast.. If she were mine I'd keep a close eye on her, that said, I'd say a baby within the next week to week and a half..

Ummm.... don't plan on any time away from home. If I had a maiden look like that I'd be expecting a foal soon.

Someone told me that I would notice a decrease in the movement of the baby when it got close.. is this true? I can still see it moving, but now its more towards the very bottom of her belly.

Someone told me that I would notice a decrease in the movement of the baby when it got close.. is this true?
This is not always true, I have gone out the night before one was born and it felt like it was tap dancing in there.
default_biggrin.png
Some things I have noticed with our mares, they get very docile right before, stay away from the other horses, kinda standing alone, and they do not lay down flat at all. They will lay some with legs tucked but not full flat out sleeping.

Candy is very funny.. she's our dominant mare and has not let another horse within 10 feet of her for the last month.. If they even look at her funny, she has her ears pinned and acting like she's gonna go after them. She's also stayed to herself for the last month.. I have her confined to her stall right now (its been raining and nasty the last two days). I plan on letting her go out tomorrow where I can keep an eye on her. I have everything up and running, cameras, monitors, coffee pot and
default_laugh.png
. She wants to make sure it makes a grand entrance into this world.. lol

Latest posts

Back