Eclipse - 2015 foal thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so I have been over there once since the last set of pics taken. I don't believe Vicki has taken any pics? I'll check in a moment. Well, don't see any new ones in her album.

So.

I didn't make it over there in the thunderstorms we've had this weekend and didn't talk to Vicki via voice but she sent me an email this morning - NO BABY yet - seems doesn't want to come into the world.

Soooo, I get a text yesterday morning saying - she ate her whole breakfast, has more milk but not waxed, not butt rubbing, doesn't appear uncomfortable BUT she is moving a bit "stiff"... Think you can come check her? I have to be in court from 9:30 am until ??

Well, I was at work and didn't even see that text while I was checking in dogs/cats for SX or even right away when I was doing 'confirmation/reminder' calls. Later, here is another text aksing if I'd checked her and how was she? Hmmm...
default_sad.png
Then at a little after 3 pm - she sent - "He's HERE!! Arrived while i was at court. We just got back... Wanna come over when you get off work?"

So I DID go over after work. NICE colt - a bit "over cooked" - he could have been born a little sooner (we were expeciting him almost 2 weeks ago). No white - think he's got 2 single white hairs on his forehead! NICE colt - even tho he is wrapped in a "plain brown wrapper"...
default_smile.png
O, did i say he is a bit LARGE for a maiden mare?

Here is Triple PPPs Mohican. barn name is "Moe" or "Moe-Moe".

15apr28ecmo575.jpg
15apr28mo180102.jpg

15apr28ecmo571.jpg

15apr28ecmo180837.jpg

Eclipse is quite a good little mama. She was a bit crampy, I was surprised when Vicki asked me if I had any Banamine paste left after our ordeal last fall (Vicki usually has more meds around than I do). Hmmm, yes, but where? I headed home after visiting for a while and the 2nd place I looked for it - there it was. I took it inside the house and checked the date, then Googled since it was out of date. Determined it was probably ok (& later my vet responded it would be fine), so Vicki came and picked it up and got a tiny baby halter from me that was made out of paracord...

She sent me a couple of pics today, but I have to figure out how to save them from a text message into my photo gallery or email them to myself so that I can down load them on the computer (got a new phone and still learning how to deal with it and still loading my contacts - 1 at a time since the two phones/cards weren't compatible)... Filling out and unfolding nicely!!

Awesome. Congratulations!! And yeah a bit large for a maiden wowza. Look at those legs pheww weeee. And with those legs, wrapper shmapper :p lol

Too funny - Moe was born 8 days "earlier" than his sire was! Here is a baby pic of Oly's ears. Moe's ears aren't as "tufted" as his daddy's were!! 2nd pic is of Oly 3rd & 4th pics @ 24 hours old.

11may4tcolt220.jpg
IMGP4239.jpg

11may5oly228.jpg

11may5oly229.jpg

and here is "Oly" today...

15apr6oly466.jpg

and I was wrong!! Mo has every bit as much "tufting" in his ears as his daddy did!!

I was able to save the pics Vicki sent me today and I blew one up... I'll get it and crop it later... Have to go see how everyone else is doing now...

Back