IS THIS A SOLUTION TO :

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably should just stay out of this, since I have Shetties, not minis...

I'm just curious about something though. If a mini over a certain age has a permanent measurement on it's papers, why is it not made to show in whatever height class matches that registered height? In other words, made ineligible for any other height class other than that which matches it's registered height? If it measures in notably different at the show, require it's permanent registry measurement be changed?

Just looking to be educated...

keeperofthehorses said:
I probably should just stay out of this, since I have Shetties, not minis...I'm just curious about something though. If a mini over a certain age has a permanent measurement on it's papers, why is it not made to show in whatever height class matches that registered height? In other words, made ineligible for any other height class other than that which matches it's registered height? If it measures in notably different at the show, require it's permanent registry measurement be changed?

Just looking to be educated...

483318[/snapback]

The way it is now, the horses are not measured by any officials to get their permanent papers. The owner is responsible for the measuring with AMHR, and I am pretty sure it's the same w/ AMHA...

Editted to add:

Also, the AMHR perm. papers are at age 3yo, and AMHA at age 5yo, and I feel there are MANY mini horses who do continue to grow slightly up to their 5th year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill, how right you can be, or so according the some who measure.

Last year my gelding measured 31 1/2 to just under 32.

This year he got his permanent card of measure, AMHR, at 34".

Oh, he's five!!!!!
biggrin.gif

the man who got hurt in the arena was trainer MIKE ROSEAU. it was reported that he was told to go directly to the hospitial to have his arm looked at. i hope he is o.k. i'm going to email them today to see how he is doing.

Meavey said:
Not measuring will not help.Maybe just let 3 people measure every horse and then divide the results by 3, there is your size.

That is already the rule after someone protest, but wy not do it all the time?

Especially one such "big" shows.

And make sure the measuring is by people that are not related or friends to the people showing, or take the measurers from different parts of the usa.

483229[/snapback]

Hi meavey,

We're talking a lot about measuring for the the MHCE shows (Europe) already for the next season. There does not seem to be a perfect solution. We thought about the same solution you gave (3 measurements and divide the results). But as perfect as that sounds, we should have to ask the participants to come a few days earlier...it would just take to much time to do that...
wacko.gif

We keep on thinking, any suggestions keep on being very welcome!
yes.gif

Mijke said:
Meavey said:
Not measuring will not help.Maybe just let 3 people measure every horse and then divide the results by 3, there is your size.

That is already the rule after someone protest, but wy not do it all the time?

Especially one such "big" shows.

And make sure the measuring is by people that are not related or friends to the people showing, or take the measurers from different parts of the usa.

483229[/snapback]

Hi meavey,

We're talking a lot about measuring for the the MHCE shows (Europe) already for the next season. There does not seem to be a perfect solution. We thought about the same solution you gave (3 measurements and divide the results). But as perfect as that sounds, we should have to ask the participants to come a few days earlier...it would just take to much time to do that...
wacko.gif

We keep on thinking, any suggestions keep on being very welcome!
yes.gif

483468[/snapback]

Well in our small sized shows I think one is more than enough, but then offcourse not related to any of the participators.
wink.gif

i agree with keepers of the horses and have often wondered why this isn't how it is. I mean i DO understand that the permanent papers are usually done by the owners not an official...but why don't they issue an official measurement card for the life of the horse after it's above "growth" age once it's been officially measured? alot of these rules really make no sence to me.. ok so the horses may grow till 5..so only have yearly cards issued for height..then after 5 years old do a permanent card. I do see also you'll probably always have problems with measurements..but why doesn't the registry do at the top of the withers and hire indivuduals with NO mini horse connections from other registry's (like say arabians, morgans, QH's ect. ) that would give the experience of horse knowlegable people..but are VERY unbiased?? Trainers and handlers should not be allowed to speak to these individuals and should be fined heavily if there is any sign of coersion, black balling, ect at any time before, during and after measureing. Make it UNBIASED!

Latest posts

Back