Is there a special "internet" name for

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdomep

Reaction score
stealing pictures and claiming them as your own? I have seen quite a few of these infarctions lately (someone saying they did something and showing a picture of someone elses hard work (artwork , crafts etc- one example was a piece of embroidery I did
sad.gif
) and was wondering - if that type of stealing has a name? and can anything be done??

Thanks

I believe the word plagerism applies to pictures as well as any creative work but I don't know what the internet handle for it would be.

Ok hold on....

I found one reference to plagerism being called cloning. Does that sound right to others?

Last edited:
I have the same problem when I sell online- I was told by the online company that I can but copy right in the corner( not that it will stop anyone from Taking them) and there is a filtering program that doesn't allow the pictures to be copied. I haven't got to it yet.- I even contacted the business that was doing it- then they took more- not much I can do unless I want to spend big money- if you find a way let me know-please.

Good Luck.

Tiffany

I guess beyond copywriting there is not much else to do...I also post on an embroidery message board and these people who work hard on embroidery designs and sell them online (as downloads) others will buy them and then resell them on ebay as a bulk "item" it is just sad and has me ticked off this morning
sad.gif
There are major rules in replicating designs such as Disney etc and I won't do it - but so many do - I am scared of getting "caught".

So when pictures show up in an email - if you save them to your hard drive they can be posted anywhere as yours
wacko.gif

Okay I am done gripping - some people just annoy me...

There is that code that you put into your website that does not allow the Right Click on picture to work...Although there is away around that also, But at least if the person doesn't know enough to send that page to their E Mail, to get the right click inactive. But at least it is a good thing to have, is the code to no allow the right click copy.

jdomep said:
I guess beyond copywriting there is not much else to do...I also post on an embroidery message board and these people who work hard on embroidery designs and sell them online (as downloads) others will buy them and then resell them on ebay as a bulk "item" it is just sad and has me ticked off this morning
sad.gif
  There are major rules in replicating designs such as Disney etc and I won't do it - but so many do -  I am scared of getting "caught".
So when pictures show up in an email - if you save them to your hard drive they can be posted anywhere as yours
wacko.gif

Okay I am done gripping - some people just annoy me...

485336[/snapback]

There are ways around it w/o sending it to e-mail too...
no.gif

Anyways, it's just usually called "art theft". You can report the stolen images to website managers that are hosting the images or website, and you can probably report them to ebay since it is a copyright issue.

Back