Is she or isnt' see

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdmini

Reaction score
I bought several older mares out of my uncles herd when we dispersed them. I do not ultra sound unless I think there might be an issue in the fall and now it's why spend $45 when your going to have a definite answer in a couple months. So I thought it might be fun to see what our guess are.

I took these photos this am, obviously it's raining here but I thought it might give a more accurate photo and not just poffy hair.

1jubiliee.gif

This is East Acres Starlight, 34" and a grand ol'19. A EA Jubilee daughter and exposed to a 30" leopard appy stud. Her and the mare below are in my "assisted living" program. All my other mares are out on pasture and only get pasture, these two get their own paddock and oats and both are looking very good for their age. Star has a rather "famous" son, you'll see him on page 101 in this Journal issue.

1buckingham.gif

Dakotas McQ's Redwing a whooping 27", 15 yrs old and no one has told her she's tiny or "senior". She's a Prince Buckingham daughter and bred to a 29.75 blk pinto (Simmon Sonny) and I believe she's bred but it could just be hair. She hates to be brushed so I've just let the shaggy dog look be her thing. I'm sure I'll list Redwing up for sale as 27" is waaaayyyy to small for me but I'm so curious to see "what's in there" I'm going to wait till after she foals to list her for sale.

1red.gif

This is Laughin Miss Red 36" and a (dare I say it) 23 years old. I've always adored Miss Red so I went and got her early on. I put her in the pasture with the other mares, never really expecting her to breed nor caring if she did but she's beginning to look bred. She may have to come into the "assisted" paddock but she's a no fuss no muss type of mare most content in the pasture so I'll have to play that one by ear. If she's bred (don't want to get my hopes to far up) she's bred to my Marystown Cowboy Cool and I'm sure it will be another stud colt. Miss Red has only had one filly in her broodmare career BUT Cowboy is on a roll this year with 10 for 10 being fillies.

1platblonde.gif

This is my girl Platinum Blonde, I've had her since she was a yearling. What do you think is there a baby in there?

My other Robert mares have been very kind in letting me know they were/are in fact bred.

1pepperoni.gif

MD Pepperoni, has about 3 weeks left to go and yes her head is that homily in person but she's expecting a Simmon Sonny baby and Simmon is our resident head doctor. She's 34", 16 and foundered (a corn incendent from years past) but I'd put pretty good money on her if you tossed her and her baby in amongst a pack of wolves. Let's just say she's not the cuddly grandma type.

1buckinghampal.gif

This is my other Prince Buckingham daughter, she was suppose to have a black pinto filly for me but nope a black stud colt.

1tish.gif

Again same thing on this mare, she got the color right, even the spots, but the sex was wrong. She was suppose to have a palomino pinto filly not a stud colt! :eek:

Ok I've got to admit the photo I listed of Platinum Blonde was a set up as she is most defiantly not bred in that photo. How do I know for sure? Here she is with her 2007 foal that is 3 weeks old.

1wetblonde2.gif

She's my kill joy. I was so excited about looking at all my ol gals and envisioning the foals that I just know are in there and then I turned around and watched her waddle past, looking very much as pregnant, if not more, as some of the others. sigh Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

**Ok how come immediately after posting do I suddenly notice a typo in the heading?**

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems you've got your hands full with all these mares that may be expecting! I don't envy you a bit
default_wacko.png
: It's hard to say if their pregnant or like you say a little over weight. A couple defiantly look to bred, I guess time will tell. You have a couple of pretty boys already, Congratulations :aktion033: Joyce

I can't really tell with some of them, but your little bay mare sure does look like she is, and some of the others are pretty obvious about it too! I really like your little bay mare. Something about her eyes...

Congrats on the new arrivals hope u get lots more foals from those girls. I love your platinum mare
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back