Is my mare going to be foaling soon?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze-Jadey

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new here and i was wondering if i could get some opinions on how close my mare is to foaling?! she is 338 days today, and when i checked her to see if there was any milk it's the honey colored stuff. This is her and i's first foal! Thanks!
default_smile.png

0418131911-00.jpg

0418131910-01.jpg

0418131912-00.jpg

0418131927-01.jpg

excellent progression photos on crayonbox miniatures website "signs of foaling" best wishes. You will love her photos. take care

She looks very close to me
default_smile.png
please come on over the the foaling page, we would love to have you.

She's a pretty girl, and I think I'm going to be seeing SPOTS here!!!

She looks like she has a little time -- baby not quite in position, but her hooha is puffy and looks like it's elongating just perfectly!

Can't wait to see more pictures of her! Looking good!

Welcome! What is this little maidens name? She is so cute! What color is Dad? Looking forward to seeing your new little one! This is a wonderful place that will be very helpful being that this is yours and her first time! It was very helpful for me!!

Welcome to the Nutty Nursery, so glad you have joined us here.

What a pretty little mare, and yes she looks as though she is fairly close to foaling, I think that I would be keeping regular checks on her throughout the night from now on. Do you have her stalled overnight or at least contained in a small area where you can watch over her without having to run round her pasture looking for her?

Would love to have more details about her - how long you have had her, her age, size etc and details of the Daddy too. Oh and dont forget names - hers and yours!

Have a read through the pinned topic at the top of the page about what you need in your foaling kit - its very helpful.

Keep the pictures coming - we all love pictures! And please ask any questions, however silly they may seem to you - we are happy to answer and just want to help get this little baby safely on the ground for you and her.
default_yes.gif

Hi and welcome to the nutty nursery, as the girls have said she is lovely! and looks to be pretty close to foaling, maybe a few more weeks for her, but as she is a maiden she needs to have an eye on her as much as possible as they can be sneaky these ltitle maidens...

I'm hoping you've been enjoying a new baby, it's been so long since we've heard, that I hope you'll give us an update.

Latest posts

Back