Is Crystal pregnant?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have been socializing her quite a bit,and have been working on her getting used to being touched all over. Just dont wanna stress her out to much. I can touch her all over she just wont eat when I try to feel on her belly, which is what I had said before. Its alot for a mare that isnt socialized to come into a home that is very social and hands on like ours.

Yes me and a vet as well believed she is an aged mare. When the person i got her from brought her out they said she was 7. I could tell by her teeth she was not that young. They later called and confessed that she was registered and gave me the information but not papers on her. I have in the meantime gotten the vet out and he said she was 17-19. I looked up the mare the old owner said she was after I got her, and it said she was 19 So we think that is her. Everything seems to fit. But we arent totally sure. Its unable to be confirmed.

Okay so in order to monitor her having it I need a camera? Is this really pricey? Id have no idea what to buy or how to install it. I dont plan to have any other foals, ever. This mare was pregnant when we got her.

HGFarm- Thank you, I love this little gal and all our animals very much
default_smile.png

We have a vet and an experienced mini breeder ready if we have any troubles, the vet is half hour out so we talked to the mini breeder. And she said she would be more then happy to help. But I know with the big horses they tend to have them at night. But Ive only watched one big horse foaling. But I have assisted in many goat births, but I realize that is much different.

I have read and saved articles on how the foal can be positioned and how to help with that position.
default_smile.png

Depending on your barn set up or how far away the mare sleeps from your house, you may be able to find a good cheap camera that would work for you at Wal-Mart. Look up foaling cameras or barn cameras on the internet. There are some very expensive ones out there but I know of some people who use $60 cameras that work just fine for them.

You can go on amazon and get a setup for less than $100 if you shop right. I spent just at $250 for 4 cameras, all the wiring and a quad screen viewer.

Harbor Frieght carries all kinds of security cameras in all price ranges. Theres one in Avondale.

Latest posts

Back