Is anybody out there selling any horses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have sold quite a few, in fact, think that there are thirty-one waiting to leave when weaned, or quarantine is done, or a variety of other reasons.

I get lots of inquiries for horses that are not for sale.

I've had Ebbie for sale for a few months now. The only place I advertise her is on my website and also on the LB sales board. I will not advertise her locally for many reasons. The perfect new parents finally came along with lots of nice references from their vet and farrier and bounced a check, not once, not twice, but three times on me so I moved on.

Soon afterwards, another deal was struck with some other people. A deposit was sent and things seemed fine until I checked out their references and learned that she was going to really be used in a circus act. Having a LOT of first hand experience with 2 circuses, one that she was intended for, I quickly sent their deposit back.

The next potential buyers were more than perfect for her. But the father recently just had a stroke and they had to back out.

I'm in no hurry. If I can't place her for a while, it's not a problem. I have a responsibility to her to try and ensure her future. Meanwhile, she is safe and happy here. The right people will find her eventually.

I am almost certain that this has been the slowest year for sales, for me, since I started raising minis back in '94. I have gotten a few inquiries, but nothing compared to a "normal" year.

I was disappointed earlier in the year when I ended up with only 3 live foals for this year, but now looking back, am thinking maybe it is best this way. Hopefully, next year will be better. If not, I can sure see a lot more people selling right out.
yes.gif

It does seem to go in cycles!

Some horses sell within minutes of being offered for sale and I've had a couple that we've been trying to sell for two years! It just means finding the right buyer for some.

This year we've been fairly active since March (I'm not sure how many we've sold as I tend to buy too so the numbers never vary alot!). Three more left last week, and seven more are leaving in the next month.

So don't lose heart just keep working at it!

We've sold two of our three foals (colts) that are for sale.... We've also sold two broodmares & a yearling filly.......... Didn't do any advertising on these horses. The yearling & a colt went to a previous customer & the two broodmares are going to another long time previous customer... The other colt went to a local person that just stopped in.................. We could have sold several fillies if we had any also................................................. I have been saying for years that the market is saturated. I know gas is high but that is not the main factor in my opinion.

We've sold everything we had to offer except the last colt born that I haven't listed yet. I'd have to say it hasn't been a slower year for us either.

I have not had a bad 12 months for selling horses. I have sold one colt and two mares, and a gelding.

I have put two more mares up for sale, one grown and one a filly. We will see how that goes. I think it does tend to go in cycles and right now everyone is picking over the foal crops/visiting the production sales, etc., so the average seller may not see a huge buyer interest for a few months.

I tend to sell lots of horses in the fall, oddly enough.

Liz M.

Well I am guilty of the opposite..I am sometimes worried I Oversend info and pictures..LOL 
I am guilty of that too I guess
risa8.gif

Better then those people who wont send any pictures and information - Seems to be a lot of them.

I had not gotten one reply on Rodeo when he was for sale. Took him off the market now, he is staying. Eclipse isnt moving, Which is fine by me I dont really want to sell him! I have had quite a few "lookers" though.

It does seem really slow this year.

Seems like a great time to buy though, a lot of good horses are going for low prices.

Latest posts

Back