IRS and S.S

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy2m

Reaction score
Our son is 15 years old, I tried to efile our taxes they say that his S.S.# does not match his name, So went back to last years taxes to make sure I entered it right, Yup I did, got out his card, same number we have been using for 14 years of filing, mailed the return, got the refund back short our deduction for him, Tried to call IRS, YA right, cant get a person, so emailed them, Called S.S. the woman was so rude I wanted to choke her, She just kept telling me thats not my sons number, then why is it on his card that he has had since birth, why did it take 15 YEARS to find out!!!!!!!!!!! She gave me the address to the local S.S. office,(which I cant go to because I'm on mare stare!)I asked for there number she said what for you don't need it!!!!!!!!! GOVERMENT GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent, Kathy

I totally understand.. I went to get a copy o fmy birth certificate and was told I didnt exisit
default_wacko.png
: A nightmare that still isnt worked out

This just happened to me this year too, I also e-filed (Turbo Tax). I called the local SS office and was told that my last name was misspelled - Byran instead of Bryan.
default_wacko.png
: She asked if I'd gotten married. I said yea 9 YEARS AGO. I asked why they just figured it out now that my name was misspelled, she said the IRS is getting much stricter about that sort of thing, I think it was because of the Turbo Tax filing.

Anyway, she said I had to fill out a form & bring in my marriage certificate & my drivers license and they'd get it changed. Well my 'local' SS office in WY is 2 hours away so I asked if I could mail them a copy of the marriage certificate & DL, she said sure I could mail it but it had to be the originals, but they would be returned - yea right, just like they got my name spelled right. I asked her what I was supposed to do for a DL while they had mine, no answer for that one. I also didn't have a clue where my marriage certificate was, it was faster to go back to SD to get a copy instead of doing the whole mail thing (takes at least 5 days one way for mail) and there is a SS office there. Took about 5 minutes to get it fixed and they sent me a new SS card in the mail, I waited about 5 days to try to e-file again and it went through just fine. It was a nice trip to visit my folks too.
default_smile.png

You should be able to get the phone number for your local SS office from the SS website - you can look up your local office there. www.ssa.gov
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back