Irritation near the hoof on the tendon

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thathorsecrazychick

Way to much time to spend on my horse
Reaction score
I was picking out my horses feet when I noticed she was being sensitive about one of her front feet. It was covered in mud so I couldn’t see what it was… I then washed the mud off on both front feet ( to compare) Does anyone know what this is or is it just a rash?
First one the normal one second the one that she is acting like is sensitive

Also should I give her rest to heal? It doesn’t seem to serious and has probably been their a couple weeks and I didn’t notice. She’s not limping or anything just sensitive when I pick it up

Attachments

• EAB7FB03-DB86-4B65-AC8D-F6D3F751D955.jpeg
    EAB7FB03-DB86-4B65-AC8D-F6D3F751D955.jpeg
    546.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2BA5FE0C-EE5A-4E73-BCF0-D76D1606E276.jpeg
    2BA5FE0C-EE5A-4E73-BCF0-D76D1606E276.jpeg
    664 KB · Views: 0
Could be scratches? Hard to see, they are so hairy this time of the year. :)

https://vet.purdue.edu/hospital/equine/tips/understanding-and-treating-scratches-in-horses.php
I have no clue what it is… I’m going to wash her legs tomorrow hopefully, and try to figure out all the mud we have… part of our barn is muddy and our field is very muddy. What is your guys suggestion for her rid of this? Also should I continue working with her? Should I give her time off while she heals from this? She doesn’t show signs of discomfort when we’re working. Only when I pick out feet. Or should we only do light work?

If she isn't lame I wouldn't worry about it. It may only hurt her when you touch it. From what I understand it can be hard to get rid of, depending on the cause, but I have never dealt with it myself - hopefully someone who has can chime in!

Latest posts

Back