Introducing my new boy I got Friday!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura Leopard

Reaction score
I wanted to thank Marcy from Windhaven Farm for letting me purchase Erica's Big City Conspiracy Theory. He's a beautiful silver buckskin gelding that is going to make a fabulous driving horse when he gets a little older. Right now He's almost a two year old (well...his birthday is in March.) He's a wee bit butt high in the pic and it's not the best, but what can you do with a light colored fuzzy horse in a dry lot? The second pic is what he really looks like under all that fuzz. It was taken back in August so he's more level there. I guess he's going through a growth spurt.

Laura

P1000060.jpg

CTsum3.jpg

Congratulations on your handsome new boy. I really don't think he is a silver buckskin though. He doesn't look to be showing the silver. (IMO)

Congratulations on your handsome new boy. I really don't think he is a silver buckskin though. He doesn't look to be showing the silver. (IMO)

He's really light colored and his mane and tail have silver in them mixed with black. What type of buckskin would you consider him?

Laura

He's really light colored and his mane and tail have silver in them mixed with black. What type of buckskin would you consider him?

Laura
I would just call him a buckskin. Buckskin comes in all shades from a light creamy color to a near bay looking. It looks more like he has "frosting" in his mane...like the light color is on the outside edges. I certainly could be wrong, and you can always test to find out for sure but it just looks to me like he is not a silver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! He is beautiful. I do agree with Mona however and he is just a light buttermilk buckskin, those light hairs in his tail might just be some that got bleached by the sun. Who knows until ya get him tested for it, though!

Laura
I would just call him a buckskin. Buckskin comes in all shades from a light creamy color to a near bay looking. It looks more like he has "frosting" in his mane...like the light color is on the outside edges. I certainly could be wrong, and you can always test to find out for sure but it just looks to me like he is not a silver.
Thanks for the info. His points are black so that makes sense. All I know is I'd better invest in a lot of blueing shampoo between him and my mostly white pinto. He sure is a sweetie though.

Laura

Congratulations. A very nice boy and still very cute in his woolies.
default_smile.png
I'm sure you will have lots of fun with him.

Congrats on getting him! We own his half brother Banker and love him. He is also a Res. Nat. Champion. Yep i love those Big City babies
default_yes.gif

Maybe Erica will see this and can post a picture of his FULL sister, Erica's Echo Me Perfect -- she had a great Nationals and is one of my favorite 2008 fillies (well, my very favorite but let's not tell Passion and Cover Girl who are my own 2008 fillies who I do love love love). I think you are going to be smiling ear to ear when you get Bishop into the show ring
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Erica will see this and can post a picture of his FULL sister, Erica's Echo Me Perfect -- she had a great Nationals and is one of my favorite 2008 fillies (well, my very favorite but let's not tell Passion and Cover Girl who are my own 2008 fillies who I do love love love). I think you are going to be smiling ear to ear when you get Bishop into the show ring
default_yes.gif

I can't wait until spring when I can unwrap my present. Right now he is so dirty. It's suppose to be in the 70's for the next couple of days so I'll try to bath him. If he levels out by spring then I'll definitly bring him to at least one show to get his feet wet. I really want to get AMHR papers for my pinto so I can show him in driving, but I need to geld him first. I've been hesitant because he has on and off stifle problems, but I'm hoping with Bishop there he will run around more and build those stifles up. This is one of the main reasons I got Bishop. He has great movement and I think will make a great driving and all around horse.

Laura

We met Marcy some years back,lovely lady. She was in Michigan then. not sure if she still is..

LOVE your boy, hope you have years of fun with him!

So, that's who got him! I was inquiring on him as well, and was waiting to find out if the other person inquiring was going to take him or not. I'll admit I was a bit disappointed when she emailed me that the other lady did take him. Congrats!

What a great Christmas present
default_wub.png
Congratulations on your new boy. And I agree - the unwrapping in the spring is equally exciting
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back