I finally got my new boy home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawntelle

Reaction score
I have been waiting since the end of September to bring Pocket home since he has been weaned, the hauling company was messing around over and over and delaying trip after trip. (I found out through quite a few people that this hauling comapny has been far from reliable latley, and I had used them in the past with great results but this time was a BAD experence.) anyways, I decided that If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself. So Satuday after work me and my boyfriend Drew and our best friend Ian loaded up his truck and hooked on my horse trailer and away we went. We drove from Ontario Canada stright through to Drasco Arkansas in 20 hours. My mom packed us a cooler of food and some blankets and we only stoped for bathroom breaks, alternating drivers the whole way in 5 hour long shift of driving and sleeping.
default_wacko.png
: What an adventure.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

We arrived at Ericas and she was soooo nice and helpful, We couldnt stay long becuase I had to get back for work on Monday (which i ended up missing but the boss was totally understanding of the circumstances thank goodness) I did seeBig City and he is georgous even in his winter fuzz, and Clover bud, Taker and a few others that was all stunnning. I would haven loved to put Ericas Gesha foal in my trailer too
default_wub.png
: Pocket is awesome and i love him
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Took my camara since I hadent been to the USA since i was 5 or 6 and im 20 now. Got some pictures of cotton fields since I had never seen them before, and I was very amused by the tall billboards along the , highway we dont have them set up here like that at all here. And I must have made an idiot of myself going into Arbys in Arkansas. I was craving a "great Canadian" sandwhich and not even thinking I ordered one. I got the strangest looks hahah Duhh Shawntelle
default_rolleyes.gif
: Anyways here is some pictures.

Pockets pictures

Click on "My public Shoebox (it named it that for some reason on webshots) and the pictureof me on page two, keep in mind I had been in a truck for 40 hours at that point hahaha :new_shocked:

He looks great!!! Love the pics with his llama buddy, hee hee Steph is going to be really disappointed that you took a roadtrip without her :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
He is SO gorgeous, Shawntelle!!!

Congratulations on Pocket!

I just
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: my Bandito son, DunIT.

Pocket's going to be just as lovable and ultra easy on the eyes
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
He's very handsome! I just love the pics with him and the Llama! :bgrin

Good looking colt! Of course I'm a little partial, as I use to own his dam, Cross Countrys IMA Penny Lane.

Best of luck to you and Pocket in the showring!! :aktion033:

:aktion033: He is gorgeous Shawntelle, I am turning green with envy :bgrin Good luck with him in the showring, he will turn heads for sure
default_yes.gif
:

Yvonne

I'm so glad you finally got him home dude! That was defiantly one entertaining experiance if you want to call it that.... sorry I missed out on the drive, I would have loved to come with you if I didn't already have stuff to do! I'll talk to you when I get home because we'll have to plan our next road trip to Ohio!

Congratulations! What a handsome little man!! Sounds like that was a fun but worthwhile drive!! I love the lamma3 picture - it should be put on Equuisite!!

What a beautiful boy! I too would love to visit Erica's farm! That was one long trip, but it looks like it was more than worth it!
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

Congratulations on your beautiful new colt! :aktion033:

Congrats! He is a super handsome colt!
default_yes.gif
:

I've been wating for this, Congrats!! :aktion033: He's such a nice looking colt
default_wub.png
: I can wait to see BOTH him and you in the ring next year
default_yes.gif
: He sure is a looker
default_wub.png
:

Congratulations on your super nice colt! :aktion033: Erica is SUCH a nice young lady to work with and her breeding program is phenominal. We love our perlino Big City colt, Erica's Worth The Big City Bucks (Bucky...
default_smile.png
) and I am looking forward to hearing how you do with your nice colt next year!!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Latest posts

Back