interstital cystitis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winchester Farms

Reaction score
Well last friday i finally had a cysopic prodeure done by my urologist who determined that all the pain ive been going through is due to interstital cystitis. ive been reading like crazy about it. the doc said the procedure could help or worse the case and unfortunately its worsen it by a good amount. the pain im in is just about bearable, and for some unknown reason, pain medications dont work. im not sure why, but even the doc said hydrocodone wont begin to touch it. so i sit here in this awful pain. im just getting sick of it, and i feel totally helpless b/c it seems there is nothing that will cure or even help this! they did say your diet could effect it, so im going to start watching everything i eat and see if that helps. anyone here have IC or know anyone with it? thanks for all your help!

I had it constsntly for almost a year--but this was many years ago. They finally traced it back to hormones--specificly BC pills that were too high for my natural hormone level after a bad reaction to the depo shot. The docs at the time denied denied denied...after they had proof...it was like "yeah...well that is one of the risks.." Duuuh!

Back