Internet

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New mini

Reaction score
I have been having a lot of problems with ads popping up on my computer. My husband has tried stopping them they are popping up more and more. I have IE and we are thinking of changing to Google Chrome. Any comments good or bad and any suggestions would be welcome

You can have Google chrome and IE on your computer so it won't be hard to try google chrome. I like it although the new computer has IE and I haven't bothered to download Google Chrome yet.

Norton takes care of a lot of the pop ups.

Even if you are running IE you should not have pop up ads --I have pretty much none and I'm using IE

I use Chrome or Firefox most of the time, and IE only occasionally. IE is most prone to compatibility issues and viruses.

I run with Chrome, if you go to settings, you can make sure not to allow Pop ups. You can also turn off the videos.

For antivirus, depending on the computer... McAfee or Avast.

Last edited by a moderator:
go into your add/remove programs and see if there are any programs or toolbars in there that you do not recognize and uninstall it if so. Having unwanted pop ups is usually a indication of spyware or malware on your computer. Malwarebytes is a good program to us for that if you cannot find and remove it yourself.

Like Jenny, I use Firefox and chrome, both have ad popup blockers. I use chrome, but Firefox is worth a download. I like Firefox privacy views.

Thanks to all who replied. We tried deleting all the pop up programs but I still kept getting more. Changed to chrome and I no longer get pop ups. It is fun to use the computer again.

I use IE on my personal computer and on the ones we have at the office. We keep the antivirus software UTD (Norton or McAfee), but when I think the browser or computers are running slow, I go in and look at both the control panel through Windows to manage any aps I don't want going on (you can sort them chronologically, which helps me a lot) and manage the "add-ons" through IE, and remove the things I don't want going on. Once I do those things, the computers run a lot faster.

Ixquick for us as a search engine and I highly recommend using it to those that want their privacy. I consider the "oo in Google as two eyeballs." But we might just be crazy conspiracy theorists that keep a piece of black tape over the webcam.
default_nono.gif
There seems to be a growing number of us.

Back