Interest in AMHR club

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilstars

Reaction score
A few miniature horse people (including farms) are looking into putting together an AMHR club in th New England area. We will be trying to put together shows for "R" in areas that will be located in easy areas for those of you in NJ, PA, NY, VT, NH, and Maine. Trying to figure out a centrally located place to be equal for everyone. Let me know if this will interest anyone.

Thank You

Angel

I am in Maine and would be VERY interested in an AMHR based club with AMHR rated shows. All the clubs up this way are AMHA based, although one does an AMHR show with their AMHA show. I know we would appreciate more AMHR shows up this way to make qualifying for Nationals a bit easier.

~Jen~

We also would love to see another R show closer to home we have one now but dont know how many others have interest in R. We love the big girls we have and wouldnt trade them so would love to see another show available close to Maine.

I believe Colonial may be planning to hold AMHR shows again. Also heard there may be another AMHR show in New England as well.

The Maine AMHR and AMHA show is planned for weekend of June 26th and 27th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in.
default_saludando.gif
I am in Mass. I'd like to see added HR/Shetland show for the super gelding program. If you need a hand let me know.

This is a fantastic idea. I am from the Maine area. If you need any help or input, I am available and happy to help. I think an AMHR based club is very much needed up in this area. The interest and participation is there, however, there are limited opportunities up this way.

Julie Flanigan

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland, ME

thats wonderful and also thanks to those who have emailed me privately, i am taking down info and we will get in touch with people the closer we get to getting something together...

Is there anyone in n.y, pa, nj, that would come up for shows if we found a reasonable place reguarding distance also??

i will also post here again!!

Yes, Colonial Minature Horse club is a New England bases "AMHR" affilicated club. We will be holding a "R" rated show this year. The show date will be May 30th and the location has not yet been set. We have members from NH, VT, MA, & CT. The club has been running since 1995. Club website is Colonial Miniature Horse ClubPlease email me if you would like more info about our club (CMHC). We will also be holdilng 3 non rated show in 2010.

We welcome new members.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to an AMHR show in NH awhile ago (run by Colonial) and had a great time! My interest will depend on who I end up showing next year - at the moment it looks like it may include the only 2 minis we have that are NOT R registered.

Just for your calendar we will be holding a AMHR rated show on May 30, 2010. We are working out the details now. If you PM me your name and mailing address I'll make sure you are on the list to receive a program.

i have continued interest in amhr

Diana,

I for one am looking forward to this show. What do you think of a two day Saturday & Sunday show? And will there be stalls for the people coming from a distance? I have put you down on the calender. If you need any help organizing, let me know.

Meadow

Meadowbrook Miniatures

Diana,

Makayla & I are really looking forward to this show. Having more local AMHR rated shows will make our dream of going to Nationals a reality.

Thank you to you and the rest of Colonial for pulling this together. I know it is a huge undertaking and us locals greatly appreciate it.

Sue

I would love to have more AMHR local shows as my new filly is only R registered and I hope to show her next year.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Count me in too-- from Maine.

However, next year I will be spending time watching mares from March through July. I doubt I'll get out much.

May is awfully early to have a show in northern New England. Clipping the horses that early can be tough if it's a cold spring.

But like I said, I'll be too busy to show or clip.

Diana-

Please put myself and my daughter Jennifer on the list for a program. We will be there with a loaded trailer!! I am so glad Colonial decided to do a AMHR rated show. We could use more AMHR shows in the New England srea.

Julie Flanigan

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland Maine

Hi Julie,

I'll make sure the whole ME crew gets a program. I also understand that ME will be doing a AMHR rated show again this year. Karen, Lizzie and I might just make the trip up for that one. We are also planning on going to the AMHR National Area 1 show in NY.

Diana-Please put myself and my daughter Jennifer on the list for a program. We will be there with a loaded trailer!! I am so glad Colonial decided to do a AMHR rated show. We could use more AMHR shows in the New England srea.

Julie Flanigan

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland Maine

I am a new miniature horse owner in western MA I am not sure if we'll show amber or her foal but I'd would be interested

Diana-Please put myself and my daughter Jennifer on the list for a program. We will be there with a loaded trailer!! I am so glad Colonial decided to do a AMHR rated show. We could use more AMHR shows in the New England srea.

Julie Flanigan

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland Maine

Diana-

That would be awesome, there is a whole bunch of us that I am sure will be interested. We are planning on your show, MMHC R portion of their show and maybe New York too. We are so looking forward to next summers show season

Thanks a million

Julie Flanigan

Back