instructions needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
Can't even find this on Google.Does anybody know how to make creamed corn using fresh corn on the cob?I know you have to cook it them cut kernels off cob and scrape cob.What do you add next to get the creamy texture.Everything I find just has recipes using already canned creamed corn.We were given lots of corn .

found this n the bayou gardner:

hope it helps

Cream corn is about the easiest thing to can next to water. I am trying this recipe so I may be back in a few days and tell everyone it is good or it is bad. Either way here goes.

20 Lbs Fresh Sweet Corn with husks. Use only perfect kernels.

Shuck and wash corn removing all the tassels Blanch the corn for 4 minutes in boiling water. Save water for canning liquid. Cut the corn off the cob leaving about half the kernel on the cob. Then scrape the cob to remove the rest and add all the scrapings to the cut corn. In each sterilized hot jar add corn without packing or pressing to leave 1" head space. Add 1/4 Teaspoon of pickling salt to each jar on top of the corn. Add 1/4 teaspoon of sugar to the corn also. Fill the jar with hot water from the blanching pot to leave 1" headspace, place hot lid on jar and adjust bands. Place in pressure cooker and cook at 10# in a weighted cooker for 85 minutes. Remove from canner when pressure is dropped and let cool out of drafts.

I found some recipes on Cooks.com (typed in cream corn using fresh corn)

This one looked simple to me:

CREAMED FRESH CORN

4 ears corn

1 tsp. sugar

1/4 c. butter

1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper

1/2 c. whipping cream

1/2 tsp. salt

Cut corn from cob, scraping cob to remove pulp. Combine corn and sugar. Chill 1 hour. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add corn. Cook 1 minute. Stir in pepper. Gradually add whipping cream, stirring constantly. Cook uncovered over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring corn frequently. Stir in salt.

Good Luck!

My mother in law makes Crock pot creamed corn but she always uses canned corn but said it should work fine with fresh corn also - but it is cream cheese, butter, corn, salt, pepper and then just lets it cook on low for an hour or two essentially once the cream cheese is all gooey she said it is good to eat...

Latest posts

Back