Information on the Jandts breeding (bloodline)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Hooves

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone might have some information on the Jandts bloodline. I have came across it and haven't heard much about this line. I am hoping that someone on here might have/had this bloodline and could tell me about it. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks to all.

Hi....I guess you could say I have been interested in the Jandts horses for several years..we bought our first one from Joe about 12 years ago...Jandts Chief Show Tom A Hawk.

Some are diamonds in the rough and some are just simply breath taking..wonderful movers and seem to be very hardy. As with any breeding program there can be some good and bad...but most of what I have seen have been good.. if I see a horse with Jandts breeding I'm very interested ....visit our website I have a few of his horses on there.

I had a friend of mine who has been in the business many years told me once..... every breeding program need a least one Jandts horse
default_smile.png

Here's Tom A Hawk

tom2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several different lines in the Jandt breeding program--there is the leopard appaloosa Jandt's Dashing Dots--we used to have Jandt's Flaming Lace who was a granddaughter of Dashing Dots. Flame's maternal granddam, Jandt's Little Preppy, was a daughter of Jandt's Tonka Joy of Owatonna. In a phone conversation one time Joe told me that Tonka Joy was a pretty little mare that had come from Europe with some magician--Joe made a trade to get Tonka Joy, but I can't remember what he said he traded for her. We still have two of Flame's foals--one is a blanket appy, the other show no appy characteristics.

Then there is the line that is said to be bred down from Arabians--Jandt's Fantasy of Owatonna is one mare of that breeding. I have a number of Fantasy descendants, through her son Jandt's Chief Good Thunder. GT puts awesome movement on his offspring--our senior stallion Ice Man is a GT son, and our young palomino stallion Classy is out of a GT daughter. GT can sure sire some movers, and his daughters make awesome broodmares.

So yes, I would have to say that Jandt's breeding is good!

I have a number of Fantasy descendants, through her son Jandt's Chief Good Thunder. GT puts awesome movement on his offspring--our senior stallion Ice Man is a GT son, and our young palomino stallion Classy is out of a GT daughter. GT can sure sire some movers, and his daughters make awesome broodmares.
My Sunny is a GT son- (he in my avatar) I love him!

I almost traded for a Jandt's gelding, but he sold before we could finalise the deal, and he was a National Champion!

Lucy

There is Jandt's Cheeri Deeri....that has a beautiful head, neck and eye. I have one of her daughters.

Thanks guy's for the information on the bloodline. It does help.
default_smile.png

I met Mr. Jandt at the North Star sale last fall where he sold many of his horses at a partial herd dispersal. There were several Appaloosa colored mares there. Many were granddaughters of Jandts Dashing Dots and some going back to his good mare, Jandt's Right Ruthie. The sire to most of the apps was Jandt's Precious Pimples. I think he still has some horses. I have the catalog from that sale with the bloodlines of the horses that sold there if you are interested.

So out of this bloodline would you say that there are more appy's than there are solid's? I am looking at breeding to a bay thats dam is of the Jandts bloodline. Her sire is Jandts Dashing Dots.

Thanks for all of information
default_smile.png

I have to admit, Jandts horses usually catch my eye. Even if there is no picture in an ad, if I see Jandt breeding listed, I stop and look. Here is my mare Jandts Cheeri Deeri, mentioned above by BBH, and by the stallion Jandts Chief Good Thunder who is mentioned above:

DinahCollageJuly06medium.jpg

Here's a picture of her the first day we brought her home:

Dinah2Oct172004.jpg

We call our mare Dinah. She is a very nice mover and all of her foals for me, even by different stallions, have been very nice movers. Dinah is a sabino, just as her sire, GT is.

Jandts Chief Good Thunder (GT) is currently residing with Lori Rafter (Milo on the Forum) in Canada.

I was wondering if anyone might have some information on the Jandts bloodline. I have came across it and haven't heard much about this line. I am hoping that someone on here might have/had this bloodline and could tell me about it. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks to all.

I'm also a fan of the Jandt's breeding. We have a granddauther of Jandt's Dashing Dots. For the fun of it we took her to an AMHR Regional show when she was a Jr. mare. (in 1996) She won her class, was the Jr. Champion Mare as well as the Reserve Grand. Soooo we bit the bullet and took her to the AMHR National Show. She was awarded the National Championship honers in Multi Color and brought home top tens in all of her other classes. She has been an excellent broodmare and has produced nothing but quality foals.

My young Jr stallion, Dusty Lane Tribute Let Tribute Ring, is all Jandts breeding on the bottom side of his pedigree through his dam, Quarter Pints Liberty. She is by one of my favorite Jandts horses, Jandts Comanche Warrior. I admired Comanche Warrior at many shows throughout the midwest during the mid 90's. Wonderful horse!

10-09ringer2.jpg

I personally dont own a Jandts bred horse BUT I have always liked the ones Ive seen and they always seem to produce well too. I like that line from just what I saw in others horses and would'nt think twice if I had my eye on one.
default_biggrin.png

My young Jr stallion, Dusty Lane Tribute Let Tribute Ring, is all Jandts breeding on the bottom side of his pedigree through his dam, Quarter Pints Liberty. She is by one of my favorite Jandts horses, Jandts Comanche Warrior. I admired Comanche Warrior at many shows throughout the midwest during the mid 90's. Wonderful horse!
10-09ringer2.jpg

I have 2 Jandt mares that are Little Andy daughters. They are still producing foals (21 & 22 years old)

I have 2 horses from that line indirectly and I just love them, my stallions dam is jandt's prancing prize who is daughter of bay n'bee who has done well in the rign as well as had foals that have done well in the ring I was told\? Bay N'Bee is from the owatonna line. I love him very much. I have photos of his dam Jandt's prancing prize on my website under stallions page, if you would liek to see her

as well as my filly is out of a jandt's mare who ahs produced a multi natioanl champion in halter and colour... by the name of Jadn't Elegant Lady, I have photos of the filly she produced as well as her on my website as well... she has both lines it looks like from listed about her great grand sire is the jandt's dashing dots and her grandsire is an owatonna bred stallion... so my fillys dam is a cross of both their lines, and she is probbaly my favourite on my farm as far as looks go...

my stallion is in my picture

like i said lots of pictures of the 2 on their as well as that natioanl champion jandt's elegant lady has produced on the mares page.

I am also a fan of this line. My guys were yearling last year and they took home numerous 1sts in halter....

BIG Jandts fans here!! We used to own a silver bay leopard appy son of Jandts Bay N Bee-my goodness was that one gorgeous stallion. If he hadn't been 36" (we breed for 34" or under) he would definitely still be with us. One of the nicest appy stallions I've ever seen. We kept a daughter of his for our breeding program.

Also bought Jandts Chianti Minnesota Dots from Mr. Jandt and he began our appaloosa program. He has daughters all over the country that can really produce-the one daughter we kept is our best broodmare.

I'd recommend the line any day
default_smile.png

Back