Imagine My Surprise

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a beautiful filly and you were very lucky to find her and she was ok. Congrats.

Thank you, Joyce, and oh boy I know it. I have camera systems, and have spent eons on mare stare. This one, however, tricked me up good. She was WAY past her projected due dates according to her breeder, and kept dong funky things, and since I had a mare last year that I had personally bred, and did the same things, and turned out to be false pregnant, I let myself assume the same in this case. It was horribly wrong of me, and I was LUCKY in every respect that I didn't pay the ultimate cost for my innaccuracy.

I thank God every time I see that beautiful filly romping in the barnyard.

Edited to add, that in my defense, but certainly with no less luck, or gratefulness, as I said in my original post, cameras regardless, I wouldn't have been there for the birth thanks to the fact that my son's car is disabled and I am having to drive him to work. That's when she was born. STILL... I didn't have the mare under camera anyway because of the above, and that is totally MY fault. I was blessed, and that mare's guardian angel was on full alert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back