Image Pictures, 7 months old

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

New_Image

[SIZE=12pt]It was nice, warm, and sunny for the first time in a while here, its a good thing to because yesterday was Immy's 7 month 'birthday' and he was due for pictures! My mom followed me around today and got some pictures.[/SIZE]

First he needed to be brushed and have his feet picked out - he falls asleep anytime hes groomed.

618b91d0.jpg

3f9667bd.jpg

Then after I took him on his walk, worked on walk trot and whoa commands, he needed some standing pictures. (He was a little naughty on his walk belive it or not - dont belive that innocent sleepy face, we had a discussion about what happens when colts jump in the air and throw there feet around like looneys)

Trying to get him to perk up and do something other then fall asleep on me.

aa7ab4bd.jpg

Me and Image...

801a6186.jpg

And since its pretty exciting for a horse to get to graze in january in Michigan, we stopped for a snack.

49ac1d4d.jpg

We also measured while we were out on the pavement. Image is 7 months, 52" tall with a 15 1/2" cannon bone
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks for letting Immy share!

At least he wont hit that 16hand like daddy! lol

I'm so happy you guys were having fun today :bgrin .

Leeana

He just gets more handsome, if that's possilble, with every photo shoot you do of him. I've enjoyed watching him grow up and seeing all your horses too. That Molly is a pretty gal and I can't wait to see them all in thier slick summer coats. Are you going to show him?

Wow Nic, that boy is really coming on!

Love those dapples too. Pretty boy.

He's really coming together nicely and going to be a really nice horse.

Just wondering what you decided to do with him if anything?

I picture you riding him English.

and hey, how come this post is on the Back Porch?

Image is a very handsome guy. Nice photos. I like the one with you holding Image's head.
default_wub.png
:

Your place looks beautiful too

No, havent really decided what Im going to do with him or if I'll show him. I am asking for a cheap trailer for my birthday though - If I get one I will have my friend (whos a show judge and has shown in EVERYTHING under the sun and EVERY leval of showing) show me how to do halter and showmanship with Image and maybe we will go to the open shows and fair in town this summer, see how we do. I am as showing dumb as they come, I literaly no nothing about it (Exept dressage or barrel raceing) So I will have to learn right along with him.

Marty - funny you say english, I was just telling my mom the other day that I picture myself ridding him engilsh (My old dressage instuctor would be thrilled to hear that) And Im not quite sure why I see myslef riding him english becuase I like the western/speed best. I know how to do dressage, had 3 years of lessons in that, I might try showing dressage when he gets older. But then I may see how he does in barrels and speed - see havent decided at all yet!

BUT, you never know, he could be like his dear old momma who can run a barrel pattern, go swich saddles, head to the same arena and do a perfect dressage pattern.

I guess I just need to wait and see what hes good at and what he enjoys doing.
default_yes.gif
:

I cant wait until this time next year when I can sit on him
default_wub.png
:

Last edited:
He's such a handsome boy!
default_yes.gif
:

Warm here in NY too, it was just over 60 degrees here today!! Very rare here to be this warm in January!

Crazy weather, but hey....I'm not complaining! LOL :bgrin

Thanks for the pictures Nicole! :aktion033:

Nicole, Immy is just very handsome; kind eyes and beautiful coloring. I've enjoyed your pictures and please keep them coming. Molly is so pretty. I wish I had one like her myself. One day, when we have a larger piece of this earth I will have a big horse again.

Enjoy your time with your treasures. They are so very well treated!!

I think that boy should be a Hunter/Jumper he is so elegant:)

Great pictures, like always! He sure is a good boy, couldn't be all the handling, could it?
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back