I'm Very Angry !!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drk

Reaction score
This is the second time in a month I've found out about Scams using MY PHOTOS !!!!

This one is in the UK

I'm done with this !!!!!

Here is the site

[SIZE=12pt]I am sooo sorry, that is sad that they would stoop so low and do that. Glad you caught them. Give them Heck!!![/SIZE]

Last edited:
I'd be P O'D as well. Also, tell them they should learn proper use of the English language!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you scared them into dumping the site.

The site is gone. Darn, I wanted to see! I'm sorry people keep using your horses (photos) like that! GRRRR!

I bought a cat that I had to have shipped in. I really started to wonder if I was actually getting the cat that I saw the picture because I started seeing my cats picture everywhere and he was for sale from other breeders. When he got here I knew he was in fact the cat in the picture and others were just using his picture. I have seen other web sites that not only is someone using a picture they stole off of someone Else's web site but they had the horse for sale. One person said they did it as a school project. I do not think it was really that Innocent.

I didnt get to see either... Now you see how frustrating it is for a buyer, they look at the photo , and think WOW , I love that horse I think I will buy it , when it finally arrives , your left scratching you head , and wondering what happened. This is so unfair , for everyone . I wish there was legal consequence to doing this. On the bright side of this , you know that you must have beautiful horses, or they wouldnt bother. But I still hate that this is happening. I would like to know who they are because I am on this side of the pond. I looked for a horse in England , and what I saw on the web page , and what was offered to me were totally different horses, it felt to me like it could have been a stolen photo as well. I wonder how much of this is done, and you dont even know it ?

Krissy

That is just terrible - I googled and it looks like they just got rid of the home page - here is another link to try

http://crystalbank.co.uk/about.htm

and there is an email address on contact page. They say they have no horses for sale right now but what a cheek to use other peoples pictures as their own.

On my website I have a page with some pictures of my horses lineage but I only put up the ones that have been kindly sent to me by the horses owners or that I have been given permission to use.

Its a very sad state of affairs that people go to such extremes to con people. When I do look at pictures of horses I always take in the background too as that can be a give away as to where the pic was taken. In the states the grass and fencing can look very different to what we get on this side of the pond.

By the way your stallion is gorgeous - I am not the biggest spotty fan but you have some gorgeous spotty horses.

I hope you give these people heck
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif

That is just totally unacceptable. I can understand why you are upset, they have even used your banner of mares and to top it off, they actually have put a copywrite 2010 notice under "YOUR" pictures. That is so unbelievable the nerve they have.

I will say they have excellent taste in horses your horses are incredibly beautiful, I just love Tino he is awesome and correct which is hard to find in the small guys.

Sorry you are having trouble, wish those folks could be stopped.
default_no.gif

Oh gosh--I'd be so angry too. I'm so naive--never imagined someone would go that far. Wow. How can you stop it? Prevent it? I hope you can get to the bottom of this. I gather it's not the first time this has happened to you?
default_unsure.png

I've had photos of my horses used in games before--I find them is doing searches, but I was given credit for the photo in most cases. One person, from Europe, asked if she could use photos from my website for a game. When I said I'd like to see what it was all about first, I never heard from her again.

Hi,

Wow.. That would make very angry and it did happened to me too..

I asked them very nicely to REMOVE the photos, if not, then will be NEXT step...

Then report and etc..

Wish people be more RESPECT eachother's photos and etc..

Hopefully you get them good!..

Also I am not sure how can report, but you can proof that someone show your photos.

I noticed on your website as "Copyright" and it is stand for 2009 and need to change to 2010.

That is horrible :arg! and you have every right to be past angry.
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
There is a difference between using a photo as a ref sire or dam (courtesy of whoever the horse belongs to) but that is going to far.
default_no.gif
I do hope you can get this fixed.

Interesting.
default_no.gif
You can protect your pics on a website. Mine are protected and cannot be lifted off. Unfortunately this happens a lot. Also, the UK stud involved is already mixed up in several legal problems over here ( you may have to get heavy with her to get the pics removed). Good luck
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

They might have gotten rid of the home page, but his pic is still there on that other link posted!!!! How frustrating!!!!!!!!! What is the matter with some people and yes, if you are going to make a website, at least use spellcheck!!!

I hate to say it, but it reads almost like a Nigerian Mafia email or buyer scam email from them... wonder if they are setting up websites to pretend they have horses for sale and then take people's money? Of course they have no horses, so are stealing other people's pictures.

Can you contact the company that hosts the website??

I dont think its a nigerian mafia scam, the owner of that website is a member of this forum. I remember seeing her post a while back about a sick foal.

Thats horrible.. I don't understand why people have to be like that. You can make sure to put the little disclaimer on all your pages. Stateing all pictures/content on your site can not be used or reproduced. Put the year as well. Then there are codes for your website that you can disable picture clicking or right clicking all together. It also helps on all pictures to just put your farm name.

My GOODNESS...they jacked ALL of your pictures. I don't think they even have one picture that may be of one of their horses.

Definitely get your pictures locked. You have absolutely stunning horses...this will keep happening if you don't.

My favorite part of the website is their copyright on the bottom. What the H***?!

*****Ok I lied...my favorite part is their contact page
default_wink.png
tehe

Back