I'm so mad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know one more thing to think about especially in So Cal is that..you want to make sure you are fully covered insurance wise and may even want to think about getting a seperate liability policy for the horses it is not that expensive.

If someone were to get hurt going on to the neighbors property to see the horses.. well it wouldnt be the first time minis were considered an attractive nuisance

Well so far, so good, I guess. We cut down limbs from a tree and took them up to the fence area where they hopped over. We set it up like a fort, with the pokey branches facing whom ever comes over it. We'll be putting up another flimsy fence (that they will have a hard time getting over), a sensor light, and extra pad locks. We also fool proofed the fencing. I have to wait until my neighbor's gentleman "friend" comes back from vacation to get his help with the hotwire, but we'll be giving another neighbor who lives by the horse pen a very high powered spot light, so she can go outside and look in when she hears noises at the pen. She is always complaining that she can never see anything with her little flashlight. We're still working on other ideas as well.

For two nights, the horses had been locked up in their run-in shed, for extra protection. Last night was the first night, they were allowed out in their pen. Wouldn't you know it...it was clear skies at bedtime, but around 2 in the morning, it began raining. I went out to feed the horses this morning and my filly is no longer whitish. She literally has a blanket on her back. She has wet dirt behind her ears, on her neck and all along her back to her tail.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Wow...I was just able to sit down and read this thread. I can't even imagine the unrest you must be feeling knowing someone is scoping out your pens and horses. Good ideas so far. I'll keep them tucked in the back of my memory bank in case one day I ever need them. I surely hope that nothing comes of this and the things you use deter these idiots from coming on the property. Why do people find the need to tresspass and take things that don't belong to them? Sorry but this really sticks in my craw!! How DARE they??!!!

Latest posts

Back