I'm Ready to Clip

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwallis

Reaction score
Too bad the weather is not ready for me to clip!

L:)

I know the feeling! I am dying to clip my yearlings to see how they look now, especially my appy filly!

Oh Melinda I'm thinking in the next week and a half here. I hope you get to clip soon too! I have 2 yearlings and a two year old that I can't wait to see what's under that hair!

LOL sooo not fair, going to be at least a month most likely here! The most clipping I am going to get to do for a while is broodmare bellies! Just not quite the same as taking it all off
default_laugh.png

I can't wait to clip the show horses-- they are all 'new' purchases and we have only seen them in full coat-- so very, very exciting1

Cold and sleet all day yesterday deterred my mind from even thinking about clipping.

I know Becky... I can't believe that weather.... At least this time of year it's usually warm a day or two after, not always.. I'm so excited to clip Showgirl's boy!!!!! I can't wait to see what lies beneath all that hair..

L:)

I consigned two colts to the Coast to Coast on line auction and the weather is so bad here I could only clip their necks and faces, now it is freezing out. Thankfully they play so much it doesn't seem to bother them. Had horses sweating yesterday in the heat, now it is cold again. I can't wait to start working on getting that hair off and pictures taken!

its suposed to be in the 60s here for the next whole week im totally thinking about clipping i have multiple coolers and blankets if the temp drops again.. ugh i wish the weather would make up its mind! Tuesday we had almost 70* weather and a HUGE thunder/lighning storm yesterday it was back down to 35* and snow

I cliped heads today. I know it will get cold again even though it was in the 60's today. I did do a belly clip on our mare that is in foal. I don't want her to have her baby when I am not there with a belly full of hair. As soon as she bags she is coming home until the foal is born.

Latest posts

Back