I'm perplexed...please help???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
{{{SIGHS}}} My mom, dad and sister are all in Jamaica right now on a missions trip from church. My sister, mom and all 5 of my brothers all have web-cams with what they call "SKYPE" where they are able to communicate with one another on a regular basis, as we all live so far apart now-a-days. Anyways, when my mom, dad and sis were all preparing to leave for Jamaica, my sister asked me to try to "get with it" on this webcam/skype stuff so we could keep in touch while they were gone.

So...today I go and buy my very first ever web-cam and on the package it says it comes with SKYPE, so I get home with it. Open the package and find there is NO INSTRUCTION MANUAL to come with it. Just this CD to install on my computer. Ok....so I do that, and now it's all supposedly installed....and I'm all set to try to contact my sister, as she just sent me an email wanting me to "SKYPE" her.

Ok....I cannot for the life of me figure how in tarnation this gadget works, let alone get to where I can find anything even remotely to whatever a "SKYPE" thing is on it.
default_wacko.png

After about the last 4 hours of trying to finaggle my way about it,
default_giveup.gif
I'm about ready to introduce this thing to my wall!!!!
default_gaah.gif

Here's what I have...

It's "brand" is called "CREATIVE Live!Cam Optia Pro"

Model # VF0380A

It "says" on the package that it comes with "Windows Live Messenger - SKYPE; Yahoo & AOL Instant Messenger".

I'd be grateful if anybody might can offer any help????
default_please.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
tanya i have skype and im online right now if you want help. did you install skype?? It should have loaded a program on your desktop that says skype on it. hit that and it will open and ask if you want to install

call me if you would rather do it on the phone

740-323-4341

hey tanya im going to get off the computer for a bit but just call if you still need help or email me your number and i can call as i have free long distance

Thanks so much everyone, for all your help! {{{HUGS}}} Hubby came home last night and was able to help me get it all working. He had to uninstall what I had done, and then reinstall it all over again. {{{WHEWBOY}}} Anyways, it finally works now, LOL! I was able to talk with my mom and sis last night. That was AWESOME! I could "see" them and they could "see" me while we were talking, it was THE COOLEST thing EVER! LOL! I also got to meet a couple kids from the school there that our church is building, they are also building an actual roadway to it from their little town/village. They are up on a mountain side there, so it's a major undertaking, but making good progress with it all. PRAISE GOD!

My sister has a bunch of photos of all my horses on her computer and as she was sharing them with the two boys there, they were SO EXCITED over them and said they had NEVER seen a horse before, let alone MINIATURE ones. Well, the church as invited their family to visit us here in the states...so prayerfully I will get to actually meet them in person someday soon, and can share all my horses with them FOR REAL, and have lots of fun driving them in my carts with them. Gosh, that would be AWESOME!!!! I do hope they can come to America sometime.

Gosh, this was just SOOOOOO COOL!!!! To get to talk to them and SEE them like we were all in the same room. Was just TOOO COOL!!! What an experience, LOL!

Kay, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
default_wub.png
I have you on my skype thingy now too, and can't wait to FINALLY get to MEET YOU soon!!!!
default_saludando.gif
{{{HUGS}}}
default_laugh.png

default_aktion033.gif
This skype stuff is SO EXCITING!!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

I don't know about Skype but I got a web cam and its so fun when people call me. I take the camera and go around the house with it giving the grand tour going "this is the kitchen, and this is the chair, and that's my dog, and there is the kid........." I have a blast with it

Latest posts

Back