im new to all of this

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be a number of things

-Pinworms-if your mini is not dewormed regularly

-Fungus/Skin- spraying regular listerine on it can help

That's all I can think of right now..some minis are just itchy, tail wraps can help protect the hair

Mares can also be itchy when they accumulate smegma between their teats. That's an easy fix, just clean and see if the itching stops.

Jan

All the above plus:

Dirt and plain filth........needs a nice good bath

and...

LICE !!! Use de-wormer and also lice dusting powder the one that is safe for equines

Good luck and Welcome!
default_biggrin.png

Welcome
default_saludando.gif

Could be all those things mentioned above or...nothing but that she's itchy. Some horses just like to rub their butts. My one mare (who's 4 months along in foal right now) has started rubbing her butt. Mares will tend to do this as their pregnancy gets farther along, too. She is dewormed regularly, gets the dirt cleaned out from between her teats (she actually loves it and lifts her leg up when I do it lol), and does not have lice. I find MTG works wonders on the tail. I just rub it in and comb it through. Solves the problem pretty quickly. That...and some butt scritches helps the girl out
default_wink.png

Welcome
saludando.gif

Could be all those things mentioned above or...nothing but that she's itchy. Some horses just like to rub their butts. My one mare (who's 4 months along in foal right now) has started rubbing her butt. Mares will tend to do this as their pregnancy gets farther along, too. She is dewormed regularly, gets the dirt cleaned out from between her teats (she actually loves it and lifts her leg up when I do it lol), and does not have lice. I find MTG works wonders on the tail. I just rub it in and comb it through. Solves the problem pretty quickly. That...and some butt scritches helps the girl out
wink.gif

hi Matt thanks for the reply I beleive she is bred about 3mths. she came to me a little on the I need a bath side but acts like shes never been groomed soo Ill give it a try the utter washing .. wish me luck.

saludando.gif
Welcome from Italy
saludando.gif
Nothing much to add as the others have covered what I would have said.

Latest posts

Back