I'm just venting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
My husband is an amazing man. He can build anything....do anything, and I love him dearly BUT...............

Just because we have a tractor with a bucket on the front does not mean you have to use it all day to move dirt. Sigh. He decided that the section of yard behind our house wasn't level enough, and I'll agree it wasn't flat. So he had been on the tractor for days now cutting off the tops of the high spots and putting the dirt on the low spots. So now, behind my house I have a sea of dirt with tractor prints running all over the place. Why this was so ding dang important, I'll never know. Personally I would have just left good enough alone just so there wouldn't be all this mess out there. And, don't you know, the heavens opened up last night and so now it's a sea of mud, not dirt. Oh joy. Just what I wanted behind my house.

And, as long as I am husband bashing, I'll ask the simple question: Why must you pee ON the toilet instead of IN the toilet? The other day, after an especially messy week, I casually mentioned that the bathroom was clean and there was no more pee on the toilet or the floor. He looked at me with a rather stricken expression and asked "How did pee get on the toilet?" Um................well, it sure wasn't the dog! Honestly. I just realized that for the past 35 years, or so, I've been cleaning other people's pee off of toilets and floors. And when my two teenage daughters were teenagers and they had their periods, it looked like the Texas chainsaw massacre in their bathroom. Seriously. Enough already.

And, why is it that the same medication can make the hair on my head fall out, and yet grow hair on my upper lip. I don't look good with a fu man chu moustache!

OK, I've had my say. So now I can go back to being happy with a smelly dog, a bathroom that needs de-peeing (again), and a muddy yard. LOL

On the pee issue....make him sit, tuck, and pee! I taught my husband to do this the first 2 months of our marriage! Now not on public toilets, just on ours and family! After 19 years, he prefers it because he's lazy and doesn't have to stand! ;)

Glad my husband doesn't feel the need t level our yard. We live on a slope and there isn't an inch of level ground anywhere. Sorry you are now in a sea of mud.

Sorry, I'm rolling with laughter after reading your post. ONLY because I am able to look outside in on my conversations with my husband. I swear, it's like he has Dug 'squirrel' moments every time he pees, left right, up, down... and then he wonders why his toilet is nasty. Nope, not cleaning it. I have mine & my kids' to worry about! At least I don't have the leveling out the yard issue, but once the road to the north gets paved it'll be me posting the same thing!

OMG Dixie belle I am rolling in laughter here. That is hilarious. I especially cracked up when I read the smelly dog comment at the end and then I doubled back to the smelly dog posting and realized it was you posting both. You are funny. I love my man to pieces but he does funny things around here that make me laugh... for example...the hill of top soil that was dumped in my yard 20 years ago to fill in the holes is still sitting there in the yard. It is now a grass mound. we mow around it. I tell him I am going to push a pvc pipe into it and tell everybody it is my septic system mound. haha.

best wishes. My men are the cleanest in the bathroom, its the teenage girls that are a different story. And we have 5 people in a one bathroom house. Let your imagination run wild. LOL.

take care

Thanks for the belly laugh! I think we all have husbands that leave us shaking our heads. In my case, hubby added an addition to the big boy stationary stall for the mini stall, and well, didn't do a good job with the roof. It has leaked ever since it's been up. He decided to lay up tar paper, and put it on wrong. Okay, then he decides to lay up shingles. Buys the required amount, gets everything on the roof and looks things over and decides he doesn't know what he's doing. But lays them anyway. I think everything was done upside down because it still leaks. Everytime it rains I run out and put in buckets to catch the rain. I just close the zipper on my mouth to keep the peace.

I feel your pain my dear. Ive had to flag down the tree crews to get woodchips to cover up the dirt left behind by my hubby. No part of my yard is safe.20120627_152119.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
GOOD LORD.....I shudder to think of what my husband would do with a dozer like that!!!! He'd have everything even more torn up than it is.

LOL!! I love your post Dixie Belle and I feel your pain! MEN!!!! I have two that like to pee off of my back porch!
default_closedeyes.gif
I just can't wrap my head around it when we have 5 bathrooms available. Nope...........why use a bathroom when you can pee off the porch!
default_frusty.gif

This makes me so proud of Keith! He is very careful, and always takes time to clean up if necessary -- ever since I complained about a drummer that played with our jazz trio who had all the aim of a lawn sprinkler. Keith saw how disgusting it was and told the guy that WE weren't going to clean up after him, and if he couldn't hit his target he could clean up or stay home.

BTW, Keith does go outside, but he pees on the compost pile -- great compost starter...

Well! Early on in our marriage I took a piece of paper and stuck it on the wall next to the toilet. Each time he'd leave the seat up (he's never been one to pee on the seat) I'd put a mark on the paper. He asked me what that was all about and I said each time he does it, a mark goes on the paper. WELL it became a contest! He did his best Not to leave the seat up, he even pulled back into the driveway, ran into the house, to the bathroom and put the seat down so he wouldn't get a black mark. And I'd go in hoping the seat was up so I could give him a black mark. It was a fun game. What did the marks mean? NOTHING! But he learned to put the seat down!
default_smile.png

This peeing thing makes me laugh. A few weeks ago we were getting ready to go to the store. Like always, we were getting in the truck and he pees right there in the driveway. I asked him in kind of a snotty tone "why do you ALWAYS pee outside? What are you marking your territory? " He responded back "no sweetie I figured you needed the bathroom to get ready more than I did, and I didn't want to go outside before you were ready because I dont want to rush you -I know how you hate to be rushed." Yea, I felt like a jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as were on the pee subject... I have a male friend, he's a single father, he told me when he's not at home, he sits and that's what he taught his son, as its the "polite" thing to do at other people's homes, so as to not make a mess.

You guys are making me appreciate my husband, he always puts the seat down, and doesn't sprinkle, but, he does go outside, it's just a farmer guy thing I think.

Now about venting, why am I the only one to change out the toilet paper when its empty, and papertowels. why am i the only one to scrub the bathtub/shower? I'm on a roll, why am I the only one that gets up to let the dogs out when they ask, or feed and water them? Why am I the only one to groom horses? Wash dishes, cook dinner, make the bed oh my this list is never going to end, so I'll stop here.

Oh Riverrose, you make me laugh.

We live in a 200 year old house without closets. 5 people share one bathroom and it is on the second floor. Peeing outside is a farming thing, also an emergency thing when somebody is using the bathroom and you have to go real bad. haha.

My kids would walk past a pile of dog poop in the kitchen and if I am lucky somebody might write on a paper towel "look out, poop" and put an arrow pointing to the poop and lay the towel next to the poo. hahaha. Should have had a photo of that one.

Just for kicks I like to mess with them and last week I threw an egg carton on the kitchen floor. Everybody walked around it for 2 days. Finally the oldest 17 year old says, hey mom, what's with the egg carton on the floor? LOL, my answer... I said "it was a test".

I do try to laugh about it.

Back