Illinois Sales???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebitfarm

Reaction score
I'd like to find a couple mini auctions. Great way to see lots of horses and meet some people. How do I find out when and where the sales (or shows for that matter) are??

Thanks,

Kathie

If you're new to miniature and wanting to "get started". A better way to see the horses and meet people is at shows. Sales are good for those that really know horses not so good for beginners.

The shows are listed on AMHA and AMHR websites. Also you can try a search for "miniature horse shows"+ and add your state.

A really good way is to try and find out about a few people in your general area and plan a fun road trip.

I have people stop by just to look and visit regularly lately. It's fun!

Though we are a bit of a "mess" here with all the construction in progress. nothing is as it really should be yet and I'm apologizing for the chaos alot.

We're in WI by the way.

Sales and shows are listed in The Journal and Miniature World magazines.

There is a sale in Eau Claire WI this September but I agree that it would be better if you "know" what you are looking at, when it comes to auctions. Always some good and some not so good.

There are several breeders in Illinois.

I'll bet someone would love to "talk minis" with you. We would.

Anne

Bertrands host several shows and sales every year in Watseka/Gordyville, IL. I've met several of the forum members there (though I haven't shown in a couple years). Looks like they're done for the year, but for future reference you can get the lists at: www.bertrandshorseranch.com You might also consider joining one of the many regional clubs--HAME and IMHOA come to mind.

Bertrands host several shows and sales every year in Watseka/Gordyville, IL. I've met several of the forum members there (though I haven't shown in a couple years). Looks like they're done for the year, but for future reference you can get the lists at: www.bertrandshorseranch.com You might also consider joining one of the many regional clubs--HAME and IMHOA come to mind.
Thanks! I'll give that a try. Also going to try and make it to a local breeder this weekend.

Kathie

Kathie. where are you located in Illinois? I am in West Central area in a town called Macomb. Currently we only breed one maybe two mares a year, and show on a small scale when time and funds allow. But I always love talking horses so if you'd like to talk sometime let me know. There are a couple breeders an hour or so north of me also and maybe we could get together some weekend and take a road trip :bgrin I'm always looking for a good excuse to go see horses and make new friends.

Jackie

Kathie. where are you located in Illinois? I am in West Central area in a town called Macomb. Currently we only breed one maybe two mares a year, and show on a small scale when time and funds allow. But I always love talking horses so if you'd like to talk sometime let me know. There are a couple breeders an hour or so north of me also and maybe we could get together some weekend and take a road trip :bgrin I'm always looking for a good excuse to go see horses and make new friends.

Jackie
I'm in Charleston. Never been in the Macomb area! I appreciate the offer! It will be awhile before I'm up for a road trip. If I make it over there I will drop you a line ahead of time!

Thanks,

Kathie

Latest posts

Back