If you LOVE, really LOVE flowers.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG!!! Those are absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I love iris! Wow, if only I had the time and energy to grow them like that. Thanks so much for posting!
default_smile.png

That was a STUNNING tour! I wish I could come see them in person! Such a labor of love that you shared with us. Thanks I needed to see those flowers today. My day is brightened. Sheila

WOW!!! Now I know where you get your talent! I also know where you get your starts. Wish I was closer to come see in person. Thanks for posting all the pictures. I enjoyed them.

Absolutely breath taking! Thanks for the tour.
default_smile.png

Jan

Karla, Thanks for the tour! I just absolutely LOVE iris's especially all the different shades of blue that your Dad has.

I just have to go out and plant some more - you have inspired me!!

There are just breath taking. Iris is also my husband's favorite flower. Does he raise them to sell or just for his own enjoyment.

Oh My Gosh! thank you for taking the time and work to share this with us. Stunning! Frank & I love iris. We have one small bed of mixed colors and some others scattered through the yard but seeing those pictures makes me want to take a trip to NY! With my shovel.
default_biggrin.png

Charlotte

That garden would be a full time job. What a credit to your father, it's beautiful. Thanks for sharing some spectacular photos.

xox Leonie oxo

Does he raise them to sell or just for his own enjoyment.
First the hybridizing was for enjoyment--then it was to sell since he had so many. He opened for business in 1987--the year my son was born. I helped him for several years while I was home raising kids, but when I started working full time, I retired. Dad said it'd take 4 people to do what I did for him. Good help is hard to find.
default_wink.png

Charlotte--he has plenty of shovels! So, just come.
default_laugh.png

When I worked for Dad--we dug for 100% of the customers. On weekends we'd run those hills for 10 hours. When I retired form the gardens, he decided to start "dig-your-own" to see how it'd work. When my sister worked for Dad, she sat under the shade of the tent and collected money.
default_rolleyes.gif

hunterridge--yes, he does. I believe he ships in the fall. I know he's shipped his plants all over the world. Just email him for information. His website is on the first post. He's so incredibly busy now--at peak. So--be patient, they don't get on email every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
hunterridge--yes, he does. I believe he ships in the fall. I know he's shipped his plants all over the world. Just email him for information. His website is on the first post. He's so incredibly busy now--at peak. So--be patient, they don't get on email every day.

Barnbum

thank you i will wait intill peak season is over and then i will order some in the fall

Just found this Karla! WOWZERS! I see where you get your talent from now! What a glorious place to be, and stunning photos!

Latest posts

Back