If you LOVE, really LOVE flowers.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
120 photos were taken today (ALL PHOTOS COPYRIGHT KARLA BORGLUM SANTORO), and I only deleted about 6, so I'll try to use some self-control when posting.
default_rolleyes.gif
It's very very windy today, so I had to be patient and wait for blooms to stop moving.
default_laugh.png
I'll mix up gardens with close ups for your viewing pleasure. Dad can be contacted at

http://www.borglumsiris.com/ His email isn't on every page, but if you look on the bottom of a few there's a mailbox with his email; his phone number is on several pages.

Very few of these are taken of the same garden. I'll post in order as one would get out of the car parked along the road--and walk all around to the other side. It's a giant loop around the house.

Here's what you'd see from the road. When I left there were 15 cars parked along side the road--customers. He allows "dig-your-own" in many specific places, but others are growing beds and for Dad only to dig.

I used a new setting on my camera and I'm pleased with the results.

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

This is the dwarf iris bed--past bloom, but someone PMd me about them. I thought you'd like to see how many he has.

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

I've always loved this one--Dad knows all, and I do mean ALL the names.
default_wink.png

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

More coming...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd call this the third tier of gardens from the road, and if you look in the distance, you can see there are MANY more growing beds beyond.

IMG_0156.jpg

Everything is in nice neat rows, so any massively full shots like this are taken across rows.

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

The sign reads "No Dig Area." These are Lupines.

IMG_0159.jpg

One of my favorite shots
default_smile.png

IMG_0161.jpg

Going up a hill to more gardens.

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

Back farther....

IMG_0163.jpg

Siberian Iris.

IMG_0164.jpg

Out back (not all the way back) turning left to walk up a hill--there are many peony beds out this way.

IMG_0165.jpg

Looking back down the hill from where we just came.
default_smile.png

IMG_0166.jpg

Wind blurred the photos, but you get the idea. I LOVE this peony.

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

More coming...

Out back even farther--all growing beds. Looking right....

IMG_0173.jpg

And left....

IMG_0174.jpg

Circling around, but not all the way back.

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

We're working on circling around--this is about 2/3 of the way around.

Siberian growing bed.

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Now we're beside the house--kind of--opposite side we were on when we came in. But--it's a big circle.
default_wink.png
: This is Dad's Hosta bed... (I used to pole bend my horse around these trees. :D )

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

More coming...

Various gardens on the opposite side of the house from where we started. But these are to the right of the driveway if you pulled in.

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

If you pulled in the driveway--you'd see this on your left.

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

And this on your right.

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

If we walked in front of the house, over to almost where we started... you'd see these gardens on the way.

IMG_0210.jpg

This was my mom's memorial garden, but the sign wasn't up, so I'm not sure if that's what it's still called.

IMG_0212.jpg

And this is where we started--looking out to the road. See your vehicle?
default_wink.png
:

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

One more...

I've never seen this color Columbine!

IMG_0245.jpg

Or these!! Wow! Funky!
default_laugh.png

IMG_0255.jpg

I couldn't resist a close up.

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

Dad's front and side yard.

IMG_0262.jpg

Thanks for coming!! :D

Good grief.. that is a wholeeee lot of flowers,,, stunning flowers at that!
default_wub.png

We have some old Iris's here that came with the farm and for the first time ever, a couple of them are blooming.

OMG!!!! Thank you for the trip around your Dads gardens. They are stunning, absoutely BEAUTIFUL...just one question..what does he use for weed control? I just started outdoor gardening, (after making my memorial garden last year..)I am getting so addicted to it
default_rolleyes.gif
and really enjoy it..so I really enjoyed all the pics. Keep them coming anytime!

Incredible photos of some very impressive gardens!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Some of our greenhouse customers would go nuts there! He would have to call in security to get them to go home!

Karla, if you don't mind can you go back thru them and name them for us!
default_aktion033.gif
LOL

Mark

Oh jeepers, Mark--I don't know the names. If I can corner Dad to sit down with me to tell me--oh forget it--that would be a miracle while he's open.
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png
He's open 8-7 Sun-Fri (he's a 7th Day Adventist, so is closed on Saturdays). I'm sure some are just seedlings that are not named. By the way--he's 74 years old; I got my energy level from him! Thanks, Dad!!
default_laugh.png

I'll see what I can do... but don't hold your breath.
default_wink.png

Beautiful Iris flowers. We have five different colors here in our flower beds. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Sitting here trying to think of something that hasn't already been said. Beautiful, gorgeous, fantastic, great photography come to mind but I think they've all already been used. Sure wish I lived close enough to see it in person.

Now we all know where you get it from. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

Karla, its just breathtaking.

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!! Wish I could come there, I would be digging them all up and taking them home, LOL I have purple ones in the front at my place and want some more! I didnt even know they came in some of those colors! WOW!!! Thank you for sharing and the tour- it was fabulous!!!

Latest posts

Back