If you could go to convention

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
Little fun here.

If you could go to convention and there was sort of a town hall meeting thing, with all the directors in the front (A question and answer session) What one question would you like to ask? Please keep it,congenial and short.

My question would be--How is the new computer system progressing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I guaranteed an honest and straight answer?

Am I guaranteed an honest and straight answer?

And why do you feel you would NOT get a honest answer , what question would you like to ask, I believe was Renee's question.. Have you been to convention?

I feel that the Directors would do their Best to answer questions you ask to the best of their ability.. Again all board meetings are open to the membership to sit in on so that you can see and hear your Directors working for you. They only close the session when dealing with personal issues , Ie: Office staff such as salary , Hearing committee reports , such as protest or rule infractions .. The rest is open to you the membership..

Could I see a detailed financial report for the organization, Congress, Nationals and Ohio State Fair. Not a summary, the summary and details.

And I do agree - the computer program question is a good one too.

Could I see a detailed financial report for the organization, Congress, Nationals and Ohio State Fair. Not a summary, the summary and details.
And I do agree - the computer program question is a good one too.
Trace , sure just ask your Director they are sent the reports every month .. should be no reason you can not see it.. That I know of . WE do not get a report from the OHIO STATE FAIR , as it is not a ASPC/AMHR ran show, it is ran by the Ohio State Fair , just as we do not get financial reports from any of the clubs that host a ASPC/AMHR approved show !

Hey, Belinda this is just questions. You might scare people off from asking something. Remember the only dumb question is the one that is not asked. No editorials no fighting just questions.

My question would be: Will the $tudbook online (the one we pay $50) ever have pictures associated with it and can it be updated more quickly than it is now?

Hey Renee ,

I sure don't want to scare anyone off !!
default_new_shocked.gif
LOL !! but just as you I was only anwering her question as to if she would get the truth , as I felt that was aimed at Directors and since I am one thought I would try and answer her !!!
default_wacko.png
Sorry if that scared anyone off !!
default_saludando.gif

You aren't too scary Belinda, of course I don't know what you are going to wear at the Spooktacular. I do have privy to one of the judges costumes though, and that is scary.

Belinda,

No, but we have put thousands of dollars into the Ohio State Fair. That is why I would like to see it included.

And I have asked my directors - neither have given me one and one stated you only get to see a summary.

So therefore I ask for a Summary and Detail Financial report.

Belinda,
No, but we have put thousands of dollars into the Ohio State Fair. That is why I would like to see it included.

And I have asked my directors - neither have given me one and one stated you only get to see a summary.

So therefore I ask for a Summary and Detail Financial report.
Trace ,

If you are wanting the Ohio State Fair Financial report , my advice would be to contact the Ohio State Fair. As it is NOT the ASPC /AMHR right to have their personal financial report or with any other clubs that host Shows.. We are just approving their shows Not Financing them..

And I am not sure why your Directors would not give it to you. As every member is entitled to see one.. Or contact someone on the Finance committee.

Again you miss the point - we provide monies, thousands of dollars to the Ohio State Fair - it should be in our financials and we should know how it is spent. That is ASPC/AMHR monies, not Ohio State Fair money.

I don't either.

Dag Gummit muffmtuf You are just supposed ask questions. Start your own thread to argue. Mary Lou is going to throw us in the trash.

Renee ! I am sorry I will refrain from answering anything else .
default_giveup.gif
default_giveup.gif
default_giveup.gif
default_giveup.gif
LOL !! I don't want you in the trash
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_risa8.gif

Dag Gummit muffmtuf You are just supposed ask questions. Start your own thread to argue. Mary Lou is going to throw us in the trash.
Alright, out of playful "spite" I can no longer help myself, I had respond to this post. You started a topic that you had to know had the potential to get heated and why would you not want someone in the know to answer a question if it was within their knowledge? You started a topic on a message board and you really can't control what happens unless you get a moderator to lock and/or delete the topic and I don't know why they would do that unless people began posting flagrant personal libel.

I did just ask a question - the outcome is the struggle. Sorry, but it is a question I have been asking for several years now.

But someone else post another good question.
default_rolleyes.gif

I thought perhaps a bunch of us would be concerned about the same things,and it that would get the boards attention but it probably is just individual concerns that most care about. It was a dumb idea.

I don't think any of us would be here, participating on this Miniature Horse forum, if we weren't concerned about a lot of the same things and usually an "individual concern" to one person is an "individual concern" to many people. I think you had an excellent idea for a thread and that this thread has the potential to be an excellent thread, but not if you want to kill it by asking people to ask questions and then by asking people not to answer or discuss those questions.

My question, right now, would be "Why would you vote to limit hunter, jumper, and obstacle people to just two entries in a class?" This eliminates revenue for the show, and penalizes a lot of other people that just do these classes and bring several to show at a time, just in these classes.

Belinda, take note, I am one in your Area that is against this.

No, I nor any of my family show any of these classes, but I want everyone to be able to show the number of horses they wish to. If you limit these classes say for the sake of time, and that would be the only reason I would think you would limit them, then why wouldn't you limit liberty entries? That class we do show.

Good question - why limit entries? the only thing I can think of is time constraints. Not good.
default_no.gif

The rule for enforcing the 2 minute gate call is a decent one, but - what happens if someone trips and falls on the way to the gate? Or for some who show client horses/ponies and they have to quick switch horses/ponies - do we really want to be that hardcore about the gate? Keep the show moving - but communication goes a long way.

Latest posts

Back