If you could go to convention

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My question, right now, would be "Why would you vote to limit hunter, jumper, and obstacle people to just two entries in a class?" This eliminates revenue for the show, and penalizes a lot of other people that just do these classes and bring several to show at a time, just in these classes.Belinda, take note, I am one in your Area that is against this.

No, I nor any of my family show any of these classes, but I want everyone to be able to show the number of horses they wish to. If you limit these classes say for the sake of time, and that would be the only reason I would think you would limit them, then why wouldn't you limit liberty entries? That class we do show.
I am new to the Miniature Horse show world and I would certainly be grasping at straws here, but could it have anything to do with where a lot of shows let you enter a horse in as many classes as you like for a flat fee (say, $100). I think that people get down right tacky when their horse seems to be in 17 of 20 classes (I might be exaggerating a bit, but you know what I mean).
default_rolleyes.gif
I, of all people, hate to discourage "versatility" in our breed, but entering a class just because you can when you or your horse obviously don't belong in that class (halter comes immediately to mind)???

I am all for communications and stating opinions, but sometimes we all go on and on- blabbidy blabbidy blabbidy- and then it get so muddled up, that who cares, and who's going to read it. We don't have to answer our own questions, just ask them.

Edited my post because you said one question, not an entire pop quiz! lol

1. Does anyone have any new innovative ways for promotion of our breed during 2010? Seems to me with so many people selling down and especially selling out of big horses, this would be a perfect way to launch a campaign and target the big horse camp who must sell down, but yet still be able to keep a horse possibly if he were much smaller like a mini or shetland..... more economically speaking and could still fulfill the horse-ownership dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I would ask:

If I can vote for an Area Director with a mail-in ballot, why can't I vote for rule changes/proposals by mail, or by using a ballot that is posted and tabulated on shetlandminiature.com?

These may not be questions and bear with me I am totally new to this miniature horse thing...

I think Marty hit on something...promoting the AMHA/AMHR/ASPC. Having come from breeding, raising and showing big horses I think the time now has an open window with the economy to promote these wonderful little horses.

Every financial range of people should feel welcomed and encouraged to participate with these organizations.

I know shows are expenses to put on but if more could be added. There are very few close to me.

Another idea would be for seminars/clinics about these little horses to be held in various locations through out the year.

Showing is a big part of these horses but general enjoyment is also if that could be expressed more.

Encourage the youth they are the future.

All this is just random...if I can come up with some real questions I will post them.
default_smile.png

Again all board meetings are open to the membership to sit in on so that you can see and hear your Directors working for you.
I will say having been to the open sessions 2 years in a row (and looking forward to number 3) it is really the most educational part of Convention for me.

It was great to see the dynamics of the board- it was interesting to hear who voted for what and why

I found I did not enter the first time or to be honest the 2nd time with the most open of minds. I am embarassed to admit I really had some pre-exisiting thoughts of who I thought would be for what, how directors would vote and their reasons behind it and found that I was quite surprised.

I did not agree with all of course- nor did I agree with all votes but then again I am sure there were some who did. Of course life never has or will go according to Lisa
default_laugh.png
but it was nice to see the directors at work and really witness it all first hand.

That said my question would be something I have not seen on the agenda... WHAT IS UP WITH THE COMPUTER PROGRAM and why did we not use it for our National shows

My question would be why did we continue to spend thousands of dollars on a non functioning computer program and why are we not going after the creator to get that money back.

Just a side note Lisa I heard we are done with the program and will no longer be using it

My question would be why did we continue to spend thousands of dollars on a non functioning computer program and why are we not going after the creator to get that money back.
Just a side note Lisa I heard we are done with the program and will no longer be using it
Are you talking about www.horsestudbook.com ? I find it to function just fine and I also find it very helpful. It has some things that need to be updated, but I like the program a lot myself.

Kay I have heard that rumor but my director says no so I was hoping it would be discussed at Nationals

[SIZE=12pt]To touch on the Computer program briefly .. Not sure where some get their information ?? We re-negotiated our contract with the company the first of the year . And came to a agreement on a set figure ( the only reason I am not putting it , I can't find the exact number right now ) but it was about what one month was costing ) for the entire year of 09' , We are using the program in the office and it is doing fine. [/SIZE]

What lots of you keep forgetting it is WAY MORE THAN A SHOW PROGRAM , granted we did not use it at Nationals , but that is just a small part of this program , We are using it to process papers and many other things..

As far as chasing the "Man " down , not sure why we would do that ?? He has given us what he said he was , a program like this is always a work in progress , it is never a finished product , and even tho I am not a computer person , I have been told this by many that make their living writing programs and in the computer world...

We will I am sure talk about the system again at the fall board meeting .

One question that I would like to know the answer/reason is WHY do Shetlands NOT get a hall of fame in obstacle in hand and liberty like the AMHR miniatures do?

I probably don't have a question to ask but I would like to bring up in front of the directors about the foundation miniature division that I know some of us would like too see happening. Again at this years nationals many of the shetlands were winning and I see the AMHR only horse dying. I guess the question I would ask is is this registry (AMHR) becoming now not the miniature horse but the miniature shetland? I have an idea about how to bring in the foundation classes, but I also would like help on it and maybe hopefully if someone would help bring it up at next years convention.

My one question...What's up with our promotions....are we getting our money's worth and what, if any, new markets have resulted from them?? My reason for asking...we (the organization) spent a lot of $$ to send a couple of ponies to a third world country (China) for a photo opp....where there was LITTLE if any opportunity for opening up foreign markets....especially to a third world country where if an animal doesn't earn it's keep - it becomes dinner?

First I would like to say about the Ponies going to China , yes it has open communications with people inquiring about more riding ponies .. I for one recieved one of those calls. Johnny Robb has been contacted by several and has passed those names along. These Ponies went to an elite riding academy !! So I don't think we should worry about them being served for dinner anytime soon.. <LOL>>>
default_unsure.png

just last month China sold more cars then we did here in the United States !!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
Maybe they are moving on up !!

We are also preparing to have a display at Lexington Horse Park during the 2010 World Equestrian Games , which should give us excellent exposure.

In addition to the above , we are looking into getting more State Fair involved with putting on our shows , for the exposure to the Large crowds that fairs draw ..
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back