Ideas for wooly fuzzy horse show in 2009

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsnanny

Reaction score
I put this on the main forum but thought it might get more views by creative people here. Please help.

We have our nomination of officers for our local club next Saturday and also will discuss some of the possible ideas for the 2009 show season. As you know from my previous posts winter here lasts through the end of April so I want to suggest a Fuzzy Wooly Show for Early May but would like to have some different Fun events to propose. First of all I am going to suggest a rule of no body clipping and a prize for best groomed without clipping. I would also think it would be fun to have a prize for hairiest horse and longest whiskers I have also heard of an egg and spoon race and pole bending but not sure how that is done. So Im asking for help in coming up with some ideas if you were going to have a fun Fuzzy Wooly show what other categories should there be and what kind of fun classes can you come up with? Thank you in advance for possible ideas. We have many members who are shall we say over 40 so classes unique for them would be good too.

Nita

My friends 4-H club always does a Spring Warm-up show usually around May 10th. It's really fun, clipping is optional (our horses are clipped in the chest and grith area as they are at barns with indoors for the winter. She does it on a Saturday with the rain date in Sunday. They make alot of money at it. They made $6,000 this past May. It's a good idea go for it!!!!Christy

Our club just had our Fuzzy Fun Show a couple of weekends ago. To start the day off we had a potluck dinner then we started the show. Some of the classes that we had were: Fattest Horse, Dirtiest Horse, Cleanest Horse, Best Mane and Tail, Fastest eating Horse, Smallest Horse, Barrel Race, Roadster Race, Boot Scramble, Costume Class, Musical Halter, Liberty, Goat Race (tie a ribbon on a goats tail), Egg and Spoon. We had a really good time.

Thank you for your ideas they really help. Now can anyone think of things that would appeal to the over 60 group? Nothing timed nor with running.

a prettiest headed class is fun. they have to put a blanket on the horse and just show the head
default_smile.png

I think of fun fuzzy trail classes:

1.Hard Boiled Egg nestled in the fur on horses rump...line up contestants...walk horses in a straight line... and the last one to drop his/her egg is the winner!!

2. Fastest Groomer: Put 5 braids in the mane and maybe bag the tail and clean all hoofs.....Quick..fastest is the winner.

3. Make your horse stand in a square while you put on winter coat, mittens, scarf maybe boots ( some one would have to supply...1 size fits all ) then do all your regular trail things...backing in an L...maybe putting a couple ornaments on a Christmas tree...just make it sort of a trail class thru the winter wonderland!! Perhaps drag a big Santa Bag filled w/faux toys...so scary for the little horses!!

4. Musical Halter but do it around a decorated Christmas Tree/May Pole

I just noticed that this show wasnt until May.....sorry....I'll have to go rethink themes!! Im such a dummy

Over 40 um...maybe get some sort of Bingo Board...or some game where #'s are called and you have to lead your horses somewhere quickly to mark off your #'s

Or how bout...Whos your Mommy....Daddy......owner who most resembles their mini.

Or a Mentor/Granchild class where 2 people are handling the horse

Thank you all for the great ideas if my proposal flies Ill let you know what classes we end up with.

Back