Ice Storm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our earliest ice storm since we've lived here in Oklahoma. Power went off so we are on generator. Always so glad for our wood stove at times like this.

Interestingly, my new horse, Rowdy, cannot take the damp cold. I had to blanket him as he was shivering. Even under the shelter with a hay bag he was shivering. Dapper Dan doesn't seem uncomfortable.

Today we are hoping to be above freezing. Lots of tree damage.

frosty scarecrow.jpg

sorry you are having a bad ice storm.IMO that is much worse than lots of snow.We had a bad one a few years back.It was so bad they closed the streets into my town and all emergency personnel were being fed and sheltered at our local hospital.they used snow plows to get the branches off the streets for emergency vehicles.we had no power for 5 days and many of my neighbors with dairy cows were milking and dumping milk on the ground(they had no power for 10 days)Poles for power lines were snapping like a row of dominoes.Hope you are doing ok and your power will be back on soon.funny how some horses tolerate cold better than others.I have 1 old gelding that gets the shivers and shakes and has to be under a heat lamp in some cold situations.Have to keep an eye on him all the time.

Still without power. Ice is finally melting. So much tree damage. Never heard there was a recall on the gas tank of our generator brand. It has a stress crack so we can only put a couple of gallons in it at a time. Of course, the crack did not show up until we needed it! It's been several months since we had to use it, and it was fine then.

Lots of other personal stressful things happening right now. What a strange time this is...

hope everything gets back on track for you soon! Ice storms and the aftermath it causes are no fun at all!!

To have personal, family stress too is hard. Sending you some cyber {{{hugs}}} !!
default_cheekkiss.gif

Power on after only 5 days!

My mom was bad and we thought she would have to go to a NH. But my widowed horsey sister stepped in and is staying with her for now.

Generator company is sending a new gas tank! Only one worry to go.

Now to clean up all the debris. Thanks for the good thoughts!

We were without electricity for a full 7 days this time. So no heat and no water. It was rough

Yes, we got lucky. Only 3 days without power this time. The area around REO was hit bad, too. We are a soggy mess and have more broken trees, but feel we got off lightly compared to other folks. The worst was the 67 mph wind.

Latest posts

Back