Ice Cream Machines

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
Does any one have an ice cream maker? Brand? pros/cons. I remeber the ones we had growing up, the old hand crank ones but want something I can plug in and forget. Thanks for any thoughts

Hamilton beach has a little machine with two freezer thingies. each makes I think a pint of ice cream but it would allow you to make more than one flavor. I believe they are like 40.00. My grand kids use it when they dont have any store bought ice cream.

Ice Cream Maker

If I bought one, this would be it. A touch pricier than some, but a couple people I know have one and love it.

Andrea

Thanks, you mentioned the 2 machines that I was torn between. Just not sure if either will be able to keep up w/how much ice cream I can eat!!

Ice cream w/goats milk...yummy!!

I haven't made ice cream since I was a kid. Parents cured me of it, we had a hand cranked thing and we kids were the crankers. Parents loved it, they got fresh ice cream and tired kids.

They made peppermint and peach ice cream. It was good.

I have some recipes for protein ice cream, been thinking about getting one of these new fangled machines but haven't done it yet. Kind of wanting one of those sno cone things first, they are great with the sugar free syrups from Torani, they have great flavors.

I love homemade ice cream and have 2 electric freezer. One is a 4 qt and the other is a 6 qt. Love to make vanilla, but I also make a great butter pecan and peach. Since strawberries are in full swing I may make a 4 qt batch of vanilla with fresh strawberrys in it. HUm, bananna walnut sounds good also.

This make me want to go home and make a batch right now. YUMMMM
default_new_multi.gif

They are just a couple I picked up at Walmart. Can't remember the names but have always done a great job. I use the 4 qt for when it is just me and when the kids and family come over or we are having a cook out at their place then I make the bigger 6 qt or I have made both when the whole group is there or we want two different flavors--just very little to take home when they are all there.
default_no.gif

One of my first ones was a "high dollar" one with the wooden barrel--it lasted quite a while before the bands on the barrel started to rust due to all the salt. The ones I have now are plastic barrels. I don't like the ones that you put the container in the freezer and then curn your ice cream. Just does not make enough to make it worth my while. I know they freeze faster but I don't mind waiting a little longer for a bigger batch.

Must stop and get milk and ice on the way home--see a batch of ice cream in my future. YUM!!! may fix banana butter pecan--sounds good.

We used to have a machine when I was a kid and I remember it was great!!! This topic is inspiring me to get a machine now. I'd love to make some homemade icecream w/ Splenda and Equal!!!
delicious.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We make homemade icecream, mainly vanilla as that is my husbands favourite but have done blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc. Very tasty. Not sure what the brand of the machine is though. Sometimes we have 3 machines going at the same time(my in-laws who live next door have 2 electric machines and we have one). My in laws also have the old fashioned kind with the crank. LOL

I have one of these and love it! You can make a single serving (large one at that) in 15 minutes

Hamilton beach has a little machine with two freezer thingies. each makes I think a pint of ice cream but it would allow you to make more than one flavor. I believe they are like 40.00. My grand kids use it when they dont have any store bought ice cream.

Latest posts

Back