IAMHA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarks Ltd Edition

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what a whicket is? This is what IAMHA wants to use to measure the horses at shows.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I will try...it is an arched device that stands at a certain height [or it could be made to change the heigth on it] that would be used for measuring the horse instead of the device that is now used. With a wicket it could be set at, say, 34" and then when it is placed over the horse at the proper measuring place it would have to touch the ground or it would mean the horse is over that 34" It is used a lot with dogs shows for dogs that are supposed to stand at a certain heigth. I think it would be much more accurate and no one could really fuss that it is reading wrong. wrong. Mary

Can someone explain to me what a whicket is? This is what IAMHA wants to use to measure the horses at shows.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

When we used them in Agility they were useless- as open to cheating as any other system.

Nothing, I am afraid, is fool or cheat proof.

I don't know of any equine breed that uses a wicket. I thought the call was for us to measure the same way the other equine breeds did, at the withers with a approved stick. By the way I don't want to buy something else when I have a perfectly good stick with a level on the stick and the bar.

I am hoping that the person who was collecting the measurements from the withers and the last mane hairs will get the data to the bylaws committee before the February mtg.

Just a question, measuring from the withers, I'm all for it, but all the foals that are from the 34" stock or close to it, (that are currently measured at the last hairs), won't there be a lot of youngsters that may go over if they are measured at the withers? What happens to them?

There will be a lot of permanent horses that will be over ....thats for darn sure!

Lyn

There will be a lot of permanent horses that will be over ....thats for darn sure
There already are. :no:

Robin

Latest posts

Back