I wish it were warmer out....!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Eowyn

Reaction score
For the next couple of days and nights, its way below zero (Fahrenheit) Today the high is 14- F and the low is 24- F and with the winchill its 42- F! Its soooooo cold! This happens every Jan. Not last year though. Poor Horses! they slept in the barn last night but I'm letting them out this morning, then putting them back in at night.

Well--off to go scrape frozen manure out of the stalls!

How's the weather where you live?

Edit: Forgot to mention--yesterday with windchill it was 57- F. Yeah....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes...yesterday it was 64, but this week is going to be in the 40s. I'm still dreaming of 80s.

Burr...

Just two weeks ago I was tanning in the sun on the beach while on vacation in flordia lol

We live in AZ, so the temps are in the 70's. Thank god, because we have goats kidding. I had to bring the goat, closest to kidding, in the house last week. Got in the teens for a few nights. No foals until first of March. Just going to get warmer, but we are moving back to CO this summer. Don't like the 100+ degree temps in summer, neither do the animals.

It was 83 degrees yesterday near Disneyland CA.
default_smile.png

I live in the High Desert of Southern California, and we've been getting down in the teens at night, and middle to upper 40s in the daytime. Yesterday was our warmest day and it was 62 degrees out. I don't know how you guys make it through the temps you do, I've been freezing!

We're in Wisconsin. I can't believe that Minnesota is warmer than here! Our high for the day is forecast for 7 and tonight in the minus (yes,Fahrenheit). With the wind it is much MUCH colder so our horses aren't getting out. Mine get a little "stir crazy" after a day or so of this but it's my barn cat that it's really driving nuts right now. He doesn't understand why I'm not opening the doors for him. Well, my barn is aluminum and NOT insulated but inside is still 2 to 3 degrees warmer and out of the wind. I keep telling him, "trust me, it's too cold." and he just keeps saying, "oouuut". LOL

For those animal activists our cats have a heat lamp and their beds sit on a dog warming mat. My horses aren't so lucky and I keep watching to see if they are in need of blankets.

Well, this past weekend wasn't too bad, but we've been haveing alot of rain, and rain brings mud, yuck! The nights are really cold, but all of mine have shelter or go into the barn. My zipper broke on my barn jacket, so I'm tieing it closed with baling twine. HAHA.

Lol Riverrose28--I use twine from the hay bales for everything! (like red and green show uses duct tape ;))

We're having a heat wave, its 6 above right now. [That's farenheit by the way.]

Last edited by a moderator:
this morning it's 0 F with a wind chill of -14. High of 2 and wind chill between -15 to -25 below! Our furnace went out last night so it in the 50's in our house! Hubby works all day and wont be home until 9pm tonight. Hopefully I can get the part for him and we can have heat for tonight..... Fingers crossed!!

We have had a very mild winter so far in Michigan...I am in the Upper Penninsula (snowmobiling) and right now it's -19f....high today is -4....that does not include the wind. Gonna have to dress warm! It's been so mild here Leya...of course your furnance goes out during a cold spell....stay warm!

In 2011 (or was it 2010?) was the mildest winter EVER! It hardly even got below 0 F and It didn't snow much until January! Then it was warm again. That was probably my fav. winter! =) But this year--oofta. Big change from before BUT its what happens every years so I should be used to it. XD They say Antarctica is the coldest place on earth? Haha go figure. jk ;) But still, it IS cold.

What kind of snowmobile do you ride Sonya?

It's near lunchtime here and oh, soooo COLD, 35 degrees. Probably doesn't seem that bad to you, but I'm not used to it and my system shuts down when I'm cold.

The best thing Santa did for me was bring me an insulated pair of Muck boots (with steel toe if I get stepped on) and some insulated Carhartt overalls. ....Love them both! Now I wish I could find good gloves that don't fall apart in a month.

Here its 100 degrees LESS than that XD after weather like I'm having, I'd be wearing a tee shirt and shorts in 40 degree weather! ;) Lucky--I need knew muck boots--mine are torn on each heel and snow gets in my boots! I need new gloves too XD

Me too.Getting ready to go out now and put horses in the barn for the nighty.Down to 11 tonight with strong winds.At least we don't have feet of snow-just a dusting. Firing up the gas heaters in the milkhouse to keep water pipes and pump from freezing.Horses don't seem to mind it as much as I do.Hurry up spring.Next week back to 40s or 50s it will feel like spring.

Back