I want some answers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LisaF.

When did AMHA decide they NO LONGER had to follow RULES?

I feel like I am finding out something new everyday and to be honest it is starting to scare me.

One example, I called the AMHA office a couple of weeks ago because I found out it only cost $25.00 per year for the on-line stud book.

I asked them if I paid the $25.00 would I have the on-line stud book for one year - This was the answer to me - I DON'T KNOW- then the person went on to say I am sure you will PROBABLY have it at least 6 months, but they could NOT even guarentee me 6 months.

So, I didn't pay the $25.00.

When office people can't give you a direct answer and then rules seem to be thrown out the window lately can someone tell me as an AMHA member---How can we TRUST AMHA anymore?

My directors wont return e-mails, office staff can't give you a direct answer, this is getting sad.

I am not trying to start problems, I am just really starting to get FRUSTRATED!

I would just like ONE STRAIGHT ANSWER....What is going on with AMHA?

Effective Now! Studbook Online 1year Subscription $25

That is straight from the Online Studbook. Not everyone in the office knows the answer to every question that is asked every single day. With trying to please everyone, its hard for them to have the answer all the time. Did you ask to speak to someone else that would know about the online studbook price? Or did you talk to one person who is there to answer phones? I don't talk to the person over the magazine about my horses registration papers, so if you don't get the answer you want from the person answering the phone, ask to speak to someone in the department who would know.

never mind, its just not worth the effort

Last edited by a moderator:
If you called Microsoft and asked the person who answers the phone how to load one of their programs, you would probably get an I do not know, or perhaps a hesitation as they may kind of know, but are not supposed to be telling you anything as they are just the receptionist.

You would need to go to the right person for the answers.

AMHA changed their rules last January and started charging $25 a year for the Stud Book On Line for the year, rather than $75. That was posted on their web site back then.

Perhaps if you read their site, their magazine, listened to changes and went to the meetings, you would be more updated with what is going on. I do not think there is a consperacy to do things behind our backs, but any club would be totally boggled down if they had to inform each of us seperatly on every little thing that they have done or are doing.

I would say that it was a good thing that they lowered the Stud Book on line price and not complain.

If you are not happy with your director, you can always run yourself or vote in a new one in the future.

Thanks, made my day. :DOH!

Ya got to love these threads.
default_rolleyes.gif

minimomNC...and for the others....I guess I did NOT make it clear in my post. The person that answered the phone TRANSFERED ME to the PERSON that I was told I should talk to. The person that answered the phone did not know. So, I went through TWO PEOPLE.

Try calling Monday and see if you can get a guarentee for ONE FULL YEAR.

My MISTAKE was not getting the person's name I spoke too. So, if you get anyone please ask their name and I will ask to talk to them. At, this point I would need the ONE YEAR guarentee in writing.

I was thrilled it went down to $25.00 per year.

As I stated before in the past I spent $144.00 per year as a sponser. At that time I even asked since I was a sponser did they give discounts on the on-line stud book and they did not. I did not have enough horses I felt it was worth $75.00 to me. Now, I do and would probably pay $75.00..but, I am THRILLED that AMHA lowered the price.

Now, how many people do you think have called in and asked about this? If they were smart with everything that is going around right now, they would have done like me and asked if it was guarenteed for one year? How many do you think turned it down when you get a I DON'T KNOW and I CAN'T GUARENTEE HOW LONG. That tells me you could pay $25.00 and the on-line stud book be down the next day.

I am being VERY HONEST HERE, I LOVE AMHA...but, lately I am starting to scared. It does seem like things are trying to be HID and it really bothers me.

Does ANYONE know or can they find out WHY the on-line stud book cannot be guareented for ONE YEAR. Of course, after this thread I will get it in writing from the AMHA office if someone can tell me it is a guarentee. Because, I know what I have been told.

Neil...Where have you been?? Glad to see you pop in on my thread, I have missed you!

I have ONE more question. Why am I the bad guy? Why are some of you upset with me because I can't get a straight answer from my AMHA Office? I was hoping someone would KNOW something I don't. Also, how can you read and keep up, when things keep changing. If I WOULD have went by the website I would have thought I was paying for ONE FULL YEAR. I don't just throw money away. I ask questions before I pay for anything ( well not, groceries...lol) but, you guy's know what I mean. I asked, because they have been so many things going on lately I felt I had to.

So, why are people upset with me? Seriously, I don't understand.

Ok..one more think...why do our Director's take on the responsibility ...but, then will not return a reply?

I don't want that responsibilty so I won't run. So, if they don't want it I personally don't think they should either. I have 3 regional directors, why can not ONE of them take the time to answer questions?

Last edited:
Why do you come here asking for answers to questions like this then. You don't like what anyone says if they don't agree with you. And your story changes again when you don't like the answers given.

LisaF,

I think I know what you are getting at.... Is the one year from the time that you pay, or is from Jan 1 to Jan 1.

In other words, if you pay May 16, are you going to have the stud book til the following May 16 or is it going to end on Dec 1st and you dont get a whole year?

That should not be a hard question to answer if that is what you mean? And I am sure she posted it here in hopes that SOMEone might have an answer or that a director from another area might reply if they knew. Wow...

I don't think I'd worry about this version of the studbook going away anytime soon. It's what we have had for years and unless a new system materializes I think this one is here to stay.

When you log onto the studbook, you should see an "anniversary date" meaning it's good for 12 months from the time you pay up. Mine happens to be February of 09 since I renewed this past February. No mysteries, no secrets
default_smile.png

Jan

Hi Lisa,

The new rate of $25.00/year just became effective within recent months. The anniversary date is one year from the date your account is activated (i.e. a true annual rate), not tied to an arbitrary calendar year.

Hope that helps

Tommy

minimomNC....I am sorry I thougth I could come here and ask for help. I tried everywhere else first. I thought this was a place for help, etc. Have you ever asked for help and have people jump down your throat?...It really doesn't feel too good.

If you can answer my questions I would appreciate it. If you can't than please just skip over my post. I don't know why you or anyone else is being SO RUDE.

I have NEVER jumped down someone's throat for asking for help.

My story did not change, I just did not realize I had to say every little tiny detail. I just thought everyone would take it for granted that when the person answer's the phone ( in my experience anyway) they normally transfer me to the department I need to speak too.

As stated before..call the office on Monday and see what kind of answer you get because I would really love to hear it. Then maybe you would understand why I came here.

Now hold on here people... It was already proved that we were getting B.S. answers from some of the brass

at the AMHA.. Mike Want's post made that perfectly clear, so don't go jumping Lisa for being frustrated..

I am sorry somehow I missed some post ( maybe posting at the same time).

Thank you Laurie, Jan, and Tommy - That is what I was trying to find out. I have never had the on-line stud book so I didn't know and couldn't seem to get any answers.

I knew there would be someone on here that could help me.

Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

Thank you McBunz for understanding my frustration.

I made this call almost two weeks ago and I had to come to the Lil Beginnings forum to get answers.

I have to admit I am still confused ...why did I talk to two people in the AMHA office and they both did not know?

I will call again on Monday and get names this time...and see if I still get the same answers that they don't know.

Last edited:
Ah, very excellent and that is good to know that one will get their full years money's worth! I wonder why the office didnt know that though. Oh well, question answered!
default_aktion033.gif

Neil...Where have you been?? Glad to see you pop in on my thread, I have missed you!
I've been around. I try not to get involved in threads like this one because they are to predictable and this one hasn't dissapointed me. When minimomNC (the voice of reason) posted the second time I had to laugh.

I feel her pain.

While I am here let me give you my take. I have subscribed to the Online Studbook for over 10 years. My last subscription ran out last fall while I was working at Worlds. I chose not to renew it becaue the new Stucbook was suppose to start after the first of the year. Well not only did that not happen but the new Studbook has gone away. So, I finally decided to renew my subscription last week. The cost for the renewal was $25 and my current subscription will last untill June of '09. Who knows what will happen in '09 when I renew. Maybe the price will be the same maybe it will be higher. I doubt it will be lower since $25 is a bargin. I don't care, I will renew it when it runs out.

The following is from my login to the Online Studbook. Note my Anniversary Date is 06/23/2009

Hello Neil I. Hamilton ! Current Login: Anniversary Date: Remaining Credits: Logins: Hits: Finds: Directories: Pedigrees:

neil 06/23/2009 9999 491 4212 27 1243 377

We must have received two different answer's.
Maybe I didn't ask a qyestion and just told them what I wanted and received what I asked for.

I don't know Neil..maybe I just don't see your post on other threads. It does seem you do enjoy these type of threads.

That aside I do appreciate your answer to the on-line stud book. We must have received two different answer's.

Do you mind to tell me who you talked to and I will ask to speak to that person on Monday?

Hi Lisa,

This is on the AMHA website: http://studbook.amha.org/started.html

[SIZE=18pt]Subscription Rate[/SIZE]

Member Unlimited Access $25.00/Yr

[SIZE=18pt]Signing Up[/SIZE]

To get signed up, use the "SIGN-UP FORM" option on Studbook Web page. Complete the online signup form prior to sending in payment.

Anniversary date will be one year from date account is made active.

Payments may be made by check or credit card (Visa or Master Card only). To pay by check, select the mail in option on signup form, and send in the printed subscription form with check to the address below. For those wishing to pay via credit card you may fax or mail in the printed subscription form. Please select the (mail-in or fax) option on signup form accordingly. Credit card uses, after printing form, please hand print in your name as it appears on credit card along with account number and expiration date in the space provided. AMHA's fax number is (817)783-6403. The mailing address is as follows;

Perhaps this will answer your question. You can sign up online.

Hi Lisa,

This is on the AMHA website: http://studbook.amha.org/started.html

[SIZE=18pt]Subscription Rate[/SIZE]

Member Unlimited Access $25.00/Yr

[SIZE=18pt]Signing Up[/SIZE]

To get signed up, use the "SIGN-UP FORM" option on Studbook Web page. Complete the online signup form prior to sending in payment.

Anniversary date will be one year from date account is made active.

Payments may be made by check or credit card (Visa or Master Card only). To pay by check, select the mail in option on signup form, and send in the printed subscription form with check to the address below. For those wishing to pay via credit card you may fax or mail in the printed subscription form. Please select the (mail-in or fax) option on signup form accordingly. Credit card uses, after printing form, please hand print in your name as it appears on credit card along with account number and expiration date in the space provided. AMHA's fax number is (817)783-6403. The mailing address is as follows;

Perhaps this will answer your question. You can sign up online.
I think that is in writing about as clear as any one could ask for unless someone is just wanting to stir up problems.

It is always frustrating to deal with a company you do business with and not get answers to what seem like simple questions.

But, now you do know the answer. . .so that's great, one last headache!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back