I think Princess is pregnant

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTango

Reaction score
Princess is a 32 inch palomino pinto mare... she is 8 years old.. I wasn't intending to breed her since she's my best driving horse... but for some reason I feel she plus pregnant! She is wayyy rounded than she normally is... she's never been this round. I remember sometime this spring Dream, my silver bay stud broke into the mare pasture and I'm now sure he got her..

Guess its time to take a trip to the vet.lol.

This one really got my attention because our "Princess", also a 32" pinto, almost got bred this year too. Two of us were standing right next to Max's run when he decided that the snow had lowered the fence enough for him to try mounting her! We managed to each grab a front foot and get him off her in time!! Then we got taller panels for the fence.

Depending on far along your Princess would be, you might want to try the Wee Foal 120 urine test. I had really bad luck with the Wee Foal 38 this year, but the 120 is a very different test and I have had good luck there. So if she is at least 120 days along, I would give that a try.

Back